Purple Tom

SOURCED - Standard VR6 Front Shock Absorbers

Hi,

I'm after a set of front shock absorbers for a standard VR please. They must be in good condition, no rounded off hex at the top and ready to fit if at all possible. I don't need the top mounts/springs/anything else, just the bare shock will do the job :)

Thanks in advance

Tom

Edited by Purple Tom

I have a set of 4 that came off my 1995 vr6, I can remove springs and send. What do these go for or what r u willing to pay? I only removed them since fitting new coilovers.

Rams

Well I sold a set not long ago that were only a few years old at most for £10 per shock. They were Sachs Advantage front shocks so I'd be looking to pay a similar amount plus postage obviously. What are they like condition wise? I appreciate getting pictures isn't all that easy but if you'd be able to get a couple that'd be great :)

BUMP - does anyone have any standard front shocks that they don't need? Rest assured they'll be going to be a good home :D

Yeah I've been considering AVS as an option as I need to order a couple of other bits from there, but its £100+ that could be spent elsewhere. However they'd be new and I guess thats a good thing!

Cheers for the link Supercharged.

Good man. Shocks really REALLY aren't something you want to skimp on and get second hand. Springs you could get away with.

I can vouch for the AVS Gas VR6 shocks as I have them all around on the Plum.

Yeah, I bit the bullet in the end, it's not like I haven't spent enough already :lol:

Like you say, it's not something to skimp on. I've bought some nice new Eibach springs and the rest of the running gear is brand new. Couple that with the £100-odd quid I'm going to pay at Stealth to have the lot aligned and I really don't want to be fitting second-hand front shock absorbers that could shortly need replacing, in turn disturbing the alignment!

Good to know they're good though, cheers boost monkey :)