Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Car got broken into....

You know it just keeps on getting better and better doesn't it. I go into town with some friends for lunch & a beer for a few hours - had then planned to go to a mates for a BBQ.

Come back to the car at 3pm to dicover than when I press the unlock button on the keyfob nothing happens.. odd.. I then press the lock button and the car sounds like the doors are locking. I cringe at the fact that it seems like I never locked my car before going into town...

I then get closer to the car and see that the driver seat is forward - something I never do (always put the seats back) and then realise something isnt right.. then some friends point out the huge whole, and loose lock barrel on my driver side door.

I can't tell you how pissed off I am.. really really pissed off. Not least cause I cant actually lock the door from the outside with the keyfob now as the locks unlock themselves again.

Seriously considering de-locking the doors now when I take it in to get fixed :(

What I dont get is nothing was stolen.. can only assume the thieves got disturbed. Still hope to see you at the AGM tomorrow...

:( sorry to hear your news m8!!....................but are you completely sure that nothing has been taken?.............i don't know about the saxo but most pugs have the spare wheel in a cradle under the boot floor(used to be easily stolen)and maybe they would've had to get in your car to get the spare wheel cradle lowered....worth checking...also did you have anything with your address on it?again they could either come back later and steal more from it or steal the car itself..or more serious ..they could clone your ID :shock: .....bit of a c*nt the fact that you sold the Corrado to get something cheaper to run and less of a theft target and then these scum/toerags go and fcuk it up within weeks of ownership :x ,sorry if i'm making you paranoid but you can never be sure these days

That's really crap news, Jim. You have my sympathies! :cry: What's wrong with these little sh*ts?

Ah Jim, can't tell u how what I think about this coz the censor would have me. Same thing happened to my VR but I disturbed the b******s so at least I still own it. But it don't matter what you're driving its still a sh*t thing to happen. cu tomorrow m8

Sorry to hear that Jim - goes from bad to worse doesn't it.

Maybe it's the universe's way of telling you that you should've kept the C?

Seriously though, I hope you get it sorted cheaply and quickly. Any chance of getting it fixed under warranty? :lol:

Thieving tossers they should be hung up by their balls and have the shit kicked out of them!! See you tomorrow chap I'll be there bright and early!! :D

Well because I am a bit of a fuss bag, I rarely leave anything in my car, let alone on display for people to pinch.. the only things in my car were a CD wallet, a reciept, and a scraper for ice on the windscreen. I had taken my stereo fascia off and they never got to that.. thank god or that would have had to be an insurance job. Bye bye no claims!!

The car park is a little out of the way, but not only was it full of cars (so should be a little busy) but I parked my Corrado loads of times in there in the past without even a hitch.

I think after I recover from the cost of having the locks sorted out on the car, might consider getting a good quality Toad or Clifford style alarm installed.. then I can stick the appropriate branding stickers on the window and have the little blinking light on the dash. As it is my car only has a 'chip in the key' style immobiliser, which isn't really going to stop people from getting into your car and stealing things they fancy.

Yep - sure was mate.

Just by chance, you dont happen to know of any really good bodyshops you'd reccomend? I went down to a pretty good looking on one sandpits lane called Wyndom or something.. been quoted £400 to put right :|

sorry about your luck jim... delock the doors! ..its stories like that one that make me so paranoid without the C's doorhandles shaved!

nice that you won't need to go through insurance though. if it helps at all.. same thing happened to my cavalier while i was in the theatre watchin a movie.. came out and the pass lock cylinder was popped out with a flathead, as was my deck. i always take the face off of.. but didn't that time. i ended up claiming it and got the hood, boot and pass side all repainted, new headlights and a new deck (which i have since fried :x ) it makes it a lot easier to decide whether or not to claim when another asshole knocked your headlights in and keyed up a whole side a few months earlier............ :mad:

...then a few months after that, before i blew the engine, the other side of the car was keyed to shit.

no respect..

Yep - sure was mate.

Just by chance, you dont happen to know of any really good bodyshops you'd reccomend? I went down to a pretty good looking on one sandpits lane called Wyndom or something.. been quoted £400 to put right :|

Jim> try Asylum Motorsport on Torrington Ave, Tile Hill. Nigel is the main man there, and they are very good. Insurance approved bodyshop, and they also do any custom work. I have some mates who have had work done from them and well pleased, in fact, my car is going to them in May for rear qtr panel (slight dent/crease) and he is painting/fitting my Golf Rallye front end at the same time.

Their number is 024 7647 3857

:D

Hey Jim, whilst its in you could get your bad-boy bonnet and sideskirts done... and a large rear spoiler... :twisted:

Andi.. at least my lights work without me having to dismantle the car ;)

Oh, and Valver.. sorry mate, was too late in reading this - already booked it in with Citroen in Brum - quoted £300 which is the cheapest by far.

So are there any really good alarm / immobiliser companies you'd reccomend mate? :) Thats next on my shopping list!!

I hear Pilot in Earlsdon are very good.. I personally dont want to go to Quantum in the city centre as they have always been snooty with me...

Try http://www.swoshh.com over in Daventry. Speak to a chap called Sat and tell him that Dalj from Cov gave you the details. They have a supplier who will fit Toad Alarms at good prices.

They can also do alloys, ICE etc.

HTH

Cheers mate... i'll try pay them a visit at some point.. hopefully over the weekend!