northG60

G60 accelerator cable woes

Hello all

Right...... basicly i was getting my car up ready for the GTI fest this sunday and the throttle caple has snapped so i have been to vindis and ordered a new one (£31 inc vat) which is arriving tomorrow morning at 8:30 and im pretty sure i can do this myself but i would like to get some input from you guys about anything that i might run into..? how long it will take ect??

Im going up to the pod tmorrow as my dad is running his front engined slingshot dragster for the first time on the run what you brung saturday (its a 352 CI 1988 chevy vette V8)

(i would really like mine to be there with my G60 for its maiden voyage) and im staying the night at the pod for the VW fest on sunday.

massive longshot but if anyone local to cambridge would want to gimme a hand it would be greatly appreciated.

please help !

cheers guys

Edited by davidwort

Pretty simple - you have a small clip holding it onto the throttle butterfly - don't loose this!

Then it goes though the bulkhead via a rubber bung and hooks onto the pedal - can't remember which end I started when I did mine.

Just make sure the throttle micro-switches are opperating after fitting - ie the idle one is pressed when the pedal is up and when you put your foot to the floor it makes the WOT switch. Stick a little clean engine oil where the cable is exposed...

Sorry to rob the thread but If the pedal feels stiff/slow to raise would this mean the cable is on the way out or do i just need to grease the pedal hinge?

"you have a small clip holding it onto the throttle butterfly - don't loose this!"

im guessing you mean this ? if so how do you do you remove it from the cable without breaking?