vornwend

Farewell old Friend

Last journey for our breaker yesterday:(

Felt strangely emotional seeing her (we came to know her as "Candy") unceremoniously hoisted up for a one way ride to the crushers last night

We have learnt a lot about how Corrados are put together over the last 14 months and made a tidy profit in the process but I suspect it won't be something we'll rush into again - too much like hard work!

We still have several boxes of parts left over and will bring these to Bristol Volksfest later in the year. Also saved the tailgate as it was too good to let go.

Some solace to know that parts have been sent the length and breadth of Britain helping keep others on the road or back in shape (From Cornwall to the Shetland Isles, Norfolk to Anglesey).

I cut my scrapper shell up into bits with a circular saw! Shame your shell wasn't in better condition else you could have made some money with OEM sills etc.

At least all the bits off it helped others stay on the road Vaughan, i know we had a few little bits too :)

out of interest, what the scrapper give you for the shell? only askin as i have a shell at the side of the house! (PM me if you preffer)

sad times for Candy :(

out of interest, what the scrapper give you for the shell? only askin as i have a shell at the side of the house! (PM me if you preffer)

sad times for Candy :(

We let it go for nowt as it wasn't rolling and was quite a job to get out of the shed, up a sloping gravel track and onto the truck. Took 5 of us!

Never got round to meeting Candy but still ended up with a few bits and bobs from her :D