ckchipies

water leak

i have just brought my new corrado, 94 vr6 and its going through a bottle of water a day and there is no visable leak, the car is steaming up on the inside and i have just noticed the drivers side foot well filling up with water, i am assuming its the heater matrix thats leaking cos the car is running fine in every other way any ideas?

Certainly sounds like the matrix. Does it smell of coolant? They are a stupid amount of money from VW (£170-ish?), but you can get a Valeo on from GSF for under £40 (you can get 10% discount if you're a CCGB member). Valeo make the VW ones by the way, and last time I changed one I had them side-by-side and they were identical.

Another victim of the matrix of doooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmm!! Best of luck and welcome to the forum, there is a wiki on here somewhere as to how to complete this baptism of fire!

Certainly sounds like the matrix. Does it smell of coolant?

Probably not if he's only chucking water in .... :)

Certainly sounds like the matrix. Does it smell of coolant? They are a stupid amount of money from VW (£170-ish?), but you can get a Valeo on from GSF for under £40 (you can get 10% discount if you're a CCGB member). Valeo make the VW ones by the way, and last time I changed one I had them side-by-side and they were identical.

nice one mate, yeah it does smell of coolant theres a gsf up the road ill go there:-) i have a bit of a clue when it comes to mechanics is it a job i should do myself? cheers mate.. life long united fan:-)

Probably not if he's only chucking water in .... :)

sorry , coolant... and yes it does smell of coolant cheers bud:-)

Yeh, have a go yourself. Will save you £££. If I can do it, anyone can! :lol: Use the guide in the Wiki.

ive got mine to do aswel got a matrix for £26 on ebay its from gsf.i am going to try and do it with dash in place as ive read its posible

yeah i have been researching it and it looks like you can do by just removing the lower parts,ie the centre console, and there is a guide posted on this site that i read that gives you a step by step of how they did it, im gonna attempt mine saturday