lewis1982

Remote central locking help

When i bought my 95 corrado vr6 the central locking worked fine but not with the remote or the alarm.

What would be the easiest and cheapest way to get the remote locking working again?

Not bothered about the alarm.

Is there any cheap aftermarket kits I could add into the existing central locking to get it to work?

Thanks. Lewis.

Got a Rightclick system on mine. Looks totally OEM and does locking/unlocking and boot release.

Kit's about thirty quid, really good value for money.

Ed.

I've got a Toad RK30 kit I fitted last week. Very similar to the rightclick kit no doubt, but I just happened to get this cheap. It works very well, indicators flash when lock/unlock, but no boot popper

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Sounds good.. R they easy to fit?

Depends how confident you are with cut into your wiring loom. For the basics there are only 6 wires to connect, or an extra 2 for the indicators (not sure about boot pop). If you have the wiring diagram then it just a matter of connecting each colour to the correct colour in the car loom.

Would I need 2 strip out the unit that is there at the moment?

I'm a electrician by not 2 sure about car electrics, but would give it a go.