joby

Caliper repair kits!! Any good

Decided to do something about the dodgy sticking and pulling to one side brakes! Question is are caliper repair kits any good has anybody sucsesfully repaired there calipers with these kits or shall i just bite the bullet and buy some spankers, I uprated the brakes from 16 valve to G60 a while ago but they were second hand so basically tired anyway the backs are the same but thinking of just replacing them as i think repairing them is probably a no go as there not the best anyway are they, Any advice welcome

Do you mean the VW seal kits? Yeah i've used them tons of times, they're really good f you do all the prep and clean the calipers up well.

I would have recommended putting new seals on the calipers before you put them on the car, they're not expensive really.

Otherwise, I bought Lucas brand front G60 calipers for my 16v for about £35 brand new and boxed on ebay.

I re-furbed mine with kits from Bigredd this time last yr and have had no problems!! I completely stripped them down, attacked them with a wire attachment to my drill, cleaned them up, painted them, stuck all the new rubbers in and on they went!!

i used the VW kits on my front 288mm breaks and they work fine and have done for quite some time now.

i'm not sure they came with new bleed nipples though

i used the VW kits on my front 288mm breaks and they work fine and have done for quite some time now.

i'm not sure they came with new bleed nipples though

Same here, no problems at all, first ones I've done, work perfectly and peace of mind. Mine never came with nipples.

Same, nipples are separate. In fact I think I got those as pattern parts, they're hardly an OEM-only item, but then they don't cost much either way.