j0nnyb0y

Clutch change?

Guten Tag. have just been given access to a servicing bay with pit and tools and stuff and would like to do more of my own work and save some pennies. Yesterday after changing my fuel filter spark plugs and door handles my VR6 thanked me by loosing power, crunching into 1st gear and giving out a nice little rattle from the clutch release bearings and i limped the 3 miles home. Any advice out there? For five years i've been fixing this car, will i ever have enough to spend on cosmetic surgery rather than A+E?!!!!

Not really got any clutch advice but I would recommend changing the timing chains and tensioners if the box is coming off.

will bear that in mind, hopefully ok as that was replaced a few years back when the head gasket was changed. still you never know!

will bear that in mind, hopefully ok as that was replaced a few years back when the head gasket was changed. still you never know!

Ah no need to bother if theyve been done.

thanks. didnt know if thread had been overlooked and am desperate to decide whether to tackle it myself or leave it to the experts!? got the gear but no idea!!!

check out this link, its for mk4's but itll give you a prety good idea and its deffinatly worth haven a butchers.http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?1835863#post18980589