groundforce

Clutch replacement??

Has anyone had to replace a clutch lately?if so how'd ya go about it?although I must admit I have'nt actually got a proper diagnosis,but the symtoms are when I'm in 3rd/4th/or 5th gear and put the boot down the needle goes flyin' up the meter yet the car is still travelling at an average speed if ya get what I mean?it's like the clutch is slipping.

sounds like it is slipping,stop the car and put it in third,then try drive away.if it does your clutch is goosed.

I changed my clutch only 6 months ago when i put new gearbox on.its a pain,as you have to support the engine to take the box off.i found tilting the engine sideways so the gearbox is nearly touching the ground made it easier to get the box on and off but i have a LHD model.dont know if itll foul the servo on RHD models

Ill be going home to drogheda,louth in a week so if your around my area i could help you out!

thanks danny for the offer,but I won't be around at that time,still have to get a clutch too,what make clutch did you use,I found an LUK one for £55 are they any good?