Sign in to follow this  
g60_Russ

Update on the monster!

Haven’t posted for a while, so I thought Id give everyone an insight into what’s been done to my corrado lately... which is starting to become a bit of a monster!

Had its Mot in January & failed on shocks - so whilst replacing those I had it lowered -40mm.

And it wasn’t running properly so I took it into the guys at G-Werks who sorted that & also found that I was only getting about 5psi boost at 3000rpm so this had to be addressed. After some great advice from Darren, I booked it in for the following stuff:

Investigate lambda / boost leak

Fit SNS chip

Set up car

Remove boost return

Remove carbon canister

K&N breather system

Blanking plate

I’m now getting 11psi boost at 3000rpm! (I think that's correct :roll: )

Also found out that I already had a 68mm pulley & Jabba chip in there, but replaced the Jabba chip with an SNS one :wink:

It’s totally transformed the car & I’m soo impressed!

Next on the list is an oil cooler :)

what suspension you running?

Just running std shocks with some -40mm springs from German & Swedish, its alright but I will have a set of coilovers going on as soon as I can afford it.

G60 russ, whats your experience with the G&S springs ??? i have 'm on mine too, but i can't really say i am crazy about it, i think the front springs are quite weak...

the lowering looks good tough !

S_DSCF0048.JPG

S_DSCF0049.JPG

before anyone starts asking, the wheels are TSW Imola 17" x 8j et35

Just running std shocks with some -40mm springs from German & Swedish

Whats the ride like on that set up mate, is it fairly harsh?

Hi Hans,

whats your experience with the G&S springs ??? i have 'm on mine too, but i can't really say i am crazy about it, i think the front springs are quite weak...

I find the springs on the front a bit weak, it bottoms out quite easily when you hit a harsh bump & I also find myself bouncing all over the place if I go over a sucession of bumps in the road whilst accelerating. However saying that I agree that it looks good, ive got no rubbing & the overall ride quality is not too bad.

Does the above answer your question as well Matt GTi?

Yes mate it does thanks. I may have to bite the bullet and go for coillies then. Not liking the 4x4 look much at the minute!