Joss_Durnan

New Owner From Scotland

Hi everyone,

I've owned my Corrado for all of two weeks now. I have always loved the look of Corrados, and wanted a fun car I could drive more or less every day, and that is at least a little more reliable than my Mini.

Sadly I've yet to drive the car properly; still trying to get insurance sorted.

Anyway, on to the interesting part: pictures!

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0715.jpg

DSC_0711-1.jpg

The car had been sitting in a garage for around six months before I bought it. When I first saw it I was surprised it hadn't sold already, it really does look like a new car. The previous owner had most of the car repainted.

I wanted one that was as close to standard specification as I could find. As far as I know, the only modifications to the car are: a long-life stainless steel exhaust, K&N panel air filter, and EBC Green Stuff brake pads.

The engine sounded great on the way home, although there seems to be an issue with the brakes. They rumble an awful lot, and the ABS light comes on after about 10 minutes of driving. I'm hoping to download vag-com and buy a cable to try and work out what's wrong with it, although I'm not sure what cable to get. Most seem to be for cars from 1994 onwards. Hopefully it won't be a serious problem, but I wasn't expecting the car to be perfect after not being driven for so long.

As for the Mini, I've owned it for about 2 1/2 years. At the moment it has a 998cc engine developing around 66 bhp. Great fun, but not very practical! It has a final drive of 3.76, that combined with only having four forward gears makes it pretty deafening above 60 mph.

Anyway, that's me and my cars. I hope you like them.

Cheers,

Joss

Welcome from Edinburgh. Only just got myself a raddo a couple of weeks ago too. Yours looks really mint, love the flash red too! Good luck. J

Stunning :) I really wanted to buy this when it was for sale, except I already have one...lol If you ever need a hand with anything, just holer, I'm down in Prestwick fairly often :)

Hi Mate nice to see someone else from Ayrshire here!!

Nice looking Corrado Flash Red is lovely needs a bit of polishing to keep on top of it.

Did you get it from Steve ???Think thats the guy from Scottsh vag??

Hi Mate nice to see someone else from Ayrshire here!!

Nice looking Corrado Flash Red is lovely needs a bit of polishing to keep on top of it.

Did you get it from Steve ???Think thats the guy from Scottsh vag??

That's him. I had a bit of a nosy for his posts on Scottishvag, couldn't find them though.

Didn't realise there would be that many people on here from nearby! Can't wait to get it insured, I'm desperate to drive the thing.

looking good Joss, but then I would be biased !! Missing it now I have seen it again. Sorry that there seems to be some issues with the brakes, but as you said, would be a surprise if there wasn't something after it been laid up for the last 6-7 months. I will watch with interest.

cheers

steve

Hello, nice car there. Wish mine looked half as clean.

If your looking for a vag cable i've got one here if you need it but at only £8 off ebay they're easy to get. I did end up buying an adaptor as mine had the 2x2 conection and not the big vag one. If your unsure what one you need just pull the trim around the gear stick up and have a look. Happy corradoing....