There's a section for Site Q's? why don't we cull that nonsense and leave the engines stuff where it is? :lol: :grin:

So is this ever going to be resurrected or is it gone for good? I didn't seem to get an answer, Mister Tom.

Can't we put all the "Definitive" threads in a section by themselves, so they're still accessible but not in the way of the Engines forum?

So is this ever going to be resurrected or is it gone for good? I didn't seem to get an answer, Mister Tom.

Can't we put all the "Definitive" threads in a section by themselves, so they're still accessible but not in the way of the Engines forum?

Good idea!

Just post in the thread if you want is resurrected ya daft get :nuts: I even posted the link above!

It got de-stickied because it wasn't being used! It hasn't been touched since 12/11/10. For the stattos out there, the last 11 posts, starting 23/11/09, span 11.64 months and it has been 6.12 months since anyone posted in it.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Bosoty, so you want the forums accessible, yet not in the way of the Engine forums? :grin: What do you suggest then my good man and if you could be specific to the forum software capabilities or provide some other examples, that would be great :lol:

Isn't that what the Wiki, and now the blogs to some extent, are for though ... definitive guides?

Otherwise we're going to end up harvesting all of the really popular threads and lumping them in a different forum.

All this because some certain Boosty members are too lazy to find a thread :lol:

Changing the forum back to it's unf*cked state would be a good start I think.

but then the mods lose all their toys :lol:

i'm not really lazy, I just don't see why it was decided no longer relevant. Having time delays on stuff like this is a bit retarded imo.

11 posts since November 09 is why it's no longer deserving of a sticky!

A thread is only supposed to be stickied if it deserves additional attention or there are a lot of people looking for the info.

Based on views/posts, I don't think the 16v thread is either so it got unstickied! It's not automatic, it was me. And I came up with the stats as well :lol:

Stop yer whinging!!

It can't be viewed cos it's unstickied,

View count won't go up cos people can't find it, hence making it look like no one wants it anymore.

Catch 22 methinks.

So people can't view a thread unless it's a sticky?

Maybe we should make them all sticky.

:lol: it's true

re: all threads being sticky, I think that would be a great idea! Then there's no discriminating between threads and no-one can accuse us of being thread racists.

I like the cut of your gib.

And your ideas too.

I felt compelled to both Google and share.

Cut of your jib

Meaning

One's general appearance and demeanour.

Origin

The jib of a sailing ship is a triangular sail set between the foretopmast head and the jib boom. Some ships had more than one jib sail. Each country had its own style of sail and so the nationality of a sailing ship, and a sailor's consequent opinion of it, could be determined from the jib.