j_s14a

Not really a newbie, hi and pictures :)

Hey guys, not really a newbie, but I've been away from the Corrado fold for a while. Possibly thinking of coming back :)

A bit of history :)

I bought my fist Corrado when I was 20 (2003). It was a '93 valver in sherry red, with approx 70k miles.

It had a little rust, but had FSH and the interior was immaculate. It was great mechanically, and unknown suspension mods made it handle amazingly. I treated her to a respray in Peugeot Diablo red

oldcorrado.jpg

I then swapped it for an a4 TDi, which I soon regretted :(

I sold it pronto, and a cheeky eBay bid saw me the owner of this for an unbelievably low price:

purplesx.jpg

I ran that around for a few months, but a craving for more power an cheap insurance soon saw me behind the wheel of:

supo.jpg

A 450hp uk spec auto Supra

for the wheel whores amongst you, they're 19x9 / 19x11 Braid 1FMs :cool:

As you can imagine, running a 450hp automatic Supra isn't very cheap, to the point where buying an extra car was an economical choice :D

This saw me return to Corrado ownership, in the shape of a midnight blue VR6:

vr6.jpg

It was fully specced, with leather etc. I ran this for a couple of years.

By this point, it was getting very little use. I'd replaced the 450hp auto Supra, with very an expensive and immaculate 500hp Single turbo manual one:

DSC_0049.jpg

21032009257.jpg

21032009252.jpg

21032009258.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

21032009260.jpg

Another for the wheel whores:

21012009142.jpg

I then decided to go to uni, so all the toys had to go :(

I bought this as a run around:

DSC_2985.jpg

Oak green mk2 GTi 8v

End of part one :)

Part 2 :)

This felt horribly slow, so was replaced with this:

DSC_2746.jpg

A 1997 Jag XJR I bought from auction for £350!

I sold that on Pretty quickly, (which had always been the plan) and replaced it with a lovely mk1 Golf GTi:

2708bf0d.jpg

I still have this one, its running circa 160hp on the modified 8v engine, is fully polybushed and drives like a go-kart :D

I decided I wanted another Supra, but being a student doesn't really allow huge amounts of money for running costs, so I bought a 6 speed non turbo one:

1.jpg

DSC_4062.jpg

DSC_4936.jpg

Yeah, they're genuine 18" LMs :cool: 18x9 & 18x10, et35.

This is still an expensive car to run, so I'm thinking about coming back to a Corrado, having been offeredvgood money for the Supra. Even VR6s are cheap to run in comparison to a Supra :D

It may end up being the mk1 gti that goes though, as Supras are amazing cars, and I'd like another big power one (though in Supra circles 500hp isn't considered big power anymore, you need circa 900 fwhp to play with the big boys!)

I'd really like a tdi'd Corrado , but I'm also looking at 20vt ones and VR6 Storms :) a 300hp vr6 would fit the bill perfectly, and probably sound amazing!

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

The reg on my old car was J66 SDN, I'd be interested in buying that one back if anyone knows it current whereabouts? :)

the oak green looks t i d y ! sorry to hear you found it slow, i don't think they're too bad tbh and i've come from 16v ownership.

supras look nice, not sure you have enough gauges though! :lol:

the oak green looks t i d y ! sorry to hear you found it slow, i don't think they're too bad tbh and i've come from 16v ownership.

supras look nice, not sure you have enough gauges though! :lol:

I found the performance okay, but considering the performance it was a very thirsty car! :D it was nice, but MK1s are in a different league IMO.

For a Supra, there were surprisingly few gauges :D there's lots of things you need to keep an eye on though, an oil pressure drop, overheating, over boosting etc can cost you a fortune in one of those. A basic engine rebuild costing circa £5k!

blimey youve gone through some cars there!

diggin the turbo'd supra and the mk1 looks very nice! jag seemed a bit ramdon though?

i drive my G60 slow to try and keep the costs down not sure how you would get on with a supra!

blimey youve gone through some cars there!

diggin the turbo'd supra and the mk1 looks very nice! jag seemed a bit ramdon though?

i drive my G60 slow to try and keep the costs down not sure how you would get on with a supra!

Jags are fantastic, driving one is always an occasion and you don't half get some looks :)