myfirstcar

i think my son might be your youngest registered storm owner

hi all this seems like a great place i have added a corrado storm to my collection of cars and having a son around the same time that i came accross this car i have registered it in his name .... its solid and it s gonna be around us for a while so its gonna be fun getting it how i want it with a view to him using it when he s older .

Welcome to the forum. How old is your son?! Either way, lovely thing to do!

he s 5 months old .... so in 17 years time his first car will be 33 years old ... its a good start its a 80k mystic blue registered in nov 95 its gonna have all the body sorted by my body shop and inside its untouched ...any ideas what model stereo it should have its the only thing missing .

any ideas what model stereo it should have its the only thing missing .

The Storm came specifically Sony CDX600DSP as per the special sales brochure.

If you really want one of these, your best chance is on the German Ebay. Thats where I eventually found mine, as my Storm had been upgraded with a Sony Radio/Cassette & CD Jukebox by the original owner at the initial sale from the dealers.

cars at the painters today and i just got a set of brand new vw mats for his car ... anyone got any ideas where i can get the front fog lights from.

well brand new wheel centres and brand new mats .... the list is slowly being ticked off...the painter is lead filling the parking dents .... thats what happens when an old boy with too much time has a car to paint

i ll get some up soon.... any idea what can be done with the roof strips mine have gone hard on the rubbers ..... i have managed to source some new door rubbers as well as some original wheel centres ..i think i enjoy the hunting for parts as much as fixing them too the car

Hi

Cool idea! I shud do the same as my son is only 3 yrs old and loves his cars!

Just need to buy a C now

Still on the hunt.

Think it's time now to start viewing...

Kiddha Paul.

Hope you got my picture of the gamma?

That may only have been for the standard vr6. Not sure what the storm vr6 came with.

Get some pictures up of your car!

Here's mine:

DSCF2162trimmed-1.jpg

Edited by DEL VR6

ahh cheers mate i am so glad i got hold of you ... i have just sourced a deck the same as yours ... and i think its more keeping with the car ... i plan on having the car in a good state by the end of next week but then i thought whilst i got it in bits i am gonna do the old wax oil job everywhere as well ... our colours are very similar ..yogi and rupes vr6 is the same colour as well .... roof strips are next on the shopping list .. i dont know if i enjoy the cars as much as the shopping for bits.

Paul, get some pictures up on here of the beast. (That means your VR6, not you posing in the mirror)

Look forward to seeing it. Where is the car at the moment? Still in the bodyshop? Did you have any rust around the windscreen?

PS, that picture I sent you via text was a photo of the brochure.

hey del me and junior was detailing all the rubbers in the garage last night i managed to find some really good condition ones ... i ll stick some pics up when its out the garage as it ll be more fun ... did you know white vinegar is the best stuff about to clear old dust and muck of painted parts ... i did all the door shuts and all areas the lights cover ... quite satisfying knowing its all clean inside and out ... was gonna wax oil it all up as well before refitted bumpers and stuff and i might not refit the door bump strips as i think the lines are ace with out ..