James.

1995 Sherry Pearl 8V

Redfox - I also agree that the grey is "correct" for the car. As you say, black wouldn't be right. Send me an image of the damage if you like. Though by the sounds of it, if it's just a seam split then you may be able to remove the cover, turn it inside out and have it re-stitched. It'll be a lot more awkward to repair if it's one of the French seams,so perhaps look at having new bolster leather whilst there ?

Portent - yeah, it's a funny one. The belts kept catching and refused to return, which was a pain for passengers. Scratching my head I thought I remembered seeing inserts on the VR6 (92 year). Sure enough, the VR has them.

A nice little mod, that I think must be a first on the forum !

C5 OEM - Thanks for your kind words Andy. I agree the wheels are great and have been a big fan for years. Seeing how well yours look really was the tipping point towards the purchase.

As for detail, I'm not sure it's a detail car. Not like yours for instance. As I like to say about it "good from afar, but far from good". And that'll do me. With this one at least !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50846[/ATTACH]

Hi James,

Here's a picture of the broken bolster. Looks worse that it is. But still a crappy thing. Anyway, I am going to order some stuff from furnitureclinic today or tomorrow. But I cannot dye it black as long as it have this damage.

Cheers,

Redfox.

I'd have that re-trimmed. The right part is vinyl and has lost all it's outer stitching, along with wearing through. No amount of dye/paint is going to improve that. Whereas the left side is leather and would react better to the dying/paint. Most of the grey interiors I've seen have suffered from the age related discoloration of the vinyl and would benefit from a small amount of restoration.

It's pretty straight forward to remove a bolster (though a lot easier when the seat is out of the car). Once the side black plastic trim is removed (not fitted to early cars), there's about a dozen hog rings to remove. Snip these off, then there's just two long plastic clips to remove from the inner part of the seat. You can always zip tie the material back on if you don't have hog ring pliers but my suggestion would be to give it to a trimmer to do.

Matching the leather is the hardest part. It's one thing to get the right colour/tone. It's another to get the right texture.

I can hook you up with a good trimmer if you like, but most upholsterers should make light work of this job.

Happy new year fellow Corrado-ers

So yesterday I introduced the new boots to Arthur and out he spouts with "not too sure about them Jim bob". Charming, there's your dear narrator doing his bit for Corrado kind and treating him to a new set of shoes and he has a moment of uncertainty.

Either way, much scratchy head moments ensued until I landed upon some different wheels.

Now, some may class my taste in cars and trim a little oddball at times, but I've always liked these. I first saw them on a Rallye back in the 90's and thought that they were right up my strasse !

They seem to be quite rare, but that's not the reason for the prospective purchase.

I think I'll try and photoshop them on and take it from there.

As always, comments welcome

Edited by James.

What with the frankly awful weather we've been lumbered with over the festive period. I've had (too much) cabin time on my hands in front of the computer. Mulling over wheel options, spending money I haven't got, thinking up projects for the man lab and generally blowing time on this ere' site.

In the next few weeks I'll be jumping back into (what feels like) the long forgotten VR6 rebuild. Until that time, I plan to round up the 8valve mods and hopefully draw a line under them before the end of January.

Se here we are. A new year and a new dilemma. But not a bad one to have.

As I mentioned above, I've had a little fettle with the images on Photoshop (quickly mind you) and created what you see below.

I'm still undecided at the mo', so hopefully some of you can give me a gentle shove in the right direction.

As always, many thanks in advance, James

Out of the two, although an odd looking wheel at the best of times I think the nothelles win. Especially with your love of OEM ish...

Jay

I take it thE nothelles are what would have been fitted to John's (Corozin)'s Corrado when it was built initially?

Crumbs. Didn't think the question would split the audience quite so much. I like the Nothelle's, in a "concept car" kind of way. They look futuristic, but also a little retro in the same breath. Yet the Borbets look just right.

I'll have a pow wow with Arthur in the morning on the way over to Manchester.

Thanks once again everybody.

sorry but borbets are just a 5 spoke alloy, the nothelles are on the other hand are unique and different.

sorry but borbets are just a 5 spoke alloy, the nothelles are on the other hand are unique and different.

And that's why they appeal so much. They are unique, in a Borbet Teddy bear kind of way (Which I also like). Thanks Karl

Nothelles for me would love a set for mine been quietly looking, great period association with the Corrado

James - Nothelles for me they epitomise late 80s/early 90s OEM+ for me. May I say, the car is looking even better than when I last saw it at Tatton.

Nothelles for me and much as i like the Borbets the exclusivity is something i like. I'd like a set of the Brands Hatch wheels that were an option on the VR6 too at somepoint, they are pretty rare too.

Ps The Teddy's are made by Ronal :) I like those too lol!

Well that was a hoo har over nothing in the end. Went out this morning, got delayed, didn't get back in time for the auction ending and missed the Nothelles. Bummer, my wheelometer was swinging that way as well.

Might be a good omen in the end. I like the way I can park the car up anywhere and not be that bothered about it. I'd probably think differently if I had a set of super rare wheels bolted on.

Thankyou everyone for the feedback either way.

James

Edited by James.

Booooo! This I why you always need to get auction stealer setup on things you can't afford to miss! You never know when you might not be there to bid.

Ping the seller a mail, you never know....

Jay

Like buses eh ?

Thanks Jay. I've heard of the sniper software but am yet to investigate further. Probably because I don't buy that much.

They really are a bit special aren't they. A bit too nice for my car perhaps. I think I'm going to stick with the Borbets now thanks Andy. I've done a lot of thinking over the past few days and would be just too bothered about them being nicked or damaged, and leaving the family stranded miles from home. The Borbets I got really cheap, so they don't worry me quite so much.

Thanks for keeping me in mind though. Very kind of you.

All the best, James

Proud of the old boy once more. Took my little boy to see the giant alloy birds at Manchester airport today. Performed faultless and returned a quite exceptional 47.1MPG!!!

Parked him up at home and treated him to a couple of minor fettles.

Rear heat shield. The exhaust shield mount had corroded through and it was resting on the exhaust. Fabricated a new piece and put it back in place.

Passenger door card. Had developed a really annoying rattle so dropped the card off and felt taped up pretty much everything.

Passenger front camber. Front tyre was wearing a little on the outer edge, so straightened it up a little.

Drivers door striker. Seemed to catch when closing. Now it doesn't.

Rear window. Seems to mist up all the time. Investigated and found that the rust I know about from the outside, is much worse on the inside. Fortunately I have an almost perfect sherry pearl boot in the garage. Hooray ! ( which will turn to booos when I have to swap the spoiler mech over).

Interior light. Drivers door won't stay on. After a brief wiggle, it seems to need a clean up. A job for another day methinks.

Still made up with that MPG though.

Edited by James.

You running 195s on it? I put some 'left over' 205s on mine a while back and haven't seen nog like that for ages. Will be glad when the rubber is finished and 195s go back on. Using up the 205s has probably cost me their worth in reduced economy! Oh well, live and learn.