veedubjunky

VR6 Automatic Gearbox needed

will check the code on mine, although its 1994. Not sure on the differences though i think theearly had a hydraulic AND emchanicl shift in 3rd whereas the later ones replaced this with mechanical only in 4th gear - whereabouts are you based?

Thanks mate how much did it cost you to convert to manual? And do u have a list of parts required i'm thinkin this maybe a better opion long term

cost about £450, so not too pricey, but i got things piecemeal, which meant i paid more. Should be able to get everything for around £300. Best bet is to get it all off one car. You need the following:

gearbox, (of course), pedal box, selector tower & cables, clutch, flywheel, flywheel bolts, selector fork, gearbox mounting bracket, engine speed sensor, shear bolts for steering column (I still have a spare set if needed), clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, associated piping for the two, gearbox transmission fluid. Cant think of anything else but there are a few - will amend this post shortly as i remember, unless someone can point pout anything else.

Use a new clutch and release bearing, new bolts for the flywheel. You can use the auto throttle cable.

nope dont need the ecu. Will check the number on my box and let you know in a bit. 096 is the autobox model number.