cdem

Keep getting logged out

Have you tried logging as someone else? Maybe then you will see the problem, just an idea. Do you use IE8, if not it could be a problem with IE8??

Wierd. It shows me as being logged in but says I'm not when I try to post. then I refresh and it says I AM logged in. click 'whats new' & it shows NOT logged in. Click it again and it shows I AM...

and has allowed this post!!!!!

I use Google Chrome here and Firefox 4 at work - neither log me out. Do you guys have the "Keep Me Logged In / Remember Me" option ticked?

Wierd. It shows me as being logged in but says I'm not when I try to post. then I refresh and it says I AM logged in. click 'whats new' & it shows NOT logged in. Click it again and it shows I AM...

and has allowed this post!!!!!

Was getting this too until I ticked the 'Remember Me' box as Jim says above ;)

I use Google Chrome here and Firefox 4 at work - neither log me out. Do you guys have the "Keep Me Logged In / Remember Me" option ticked?

You may be onto something here, my login is set to 'remember me' at home and not to remember me at work, I get the problem at work but NOT at home. I'm using Chrome at both locations but have the same effect if using IE.

Yeah checking the 'remember me' seemed to solve the problem yesterday. Just been thrown out so logged in again with it checked and we will see.....

Yeah having the problem directly using the-corrado.net

Its still happening to me so ive now checked remember me

I know it's not a fix but it is at least a workaround.

I know it's not a fix but it is at least a workaround.

I was just looking for the Like button then remembered I'm not on FB!

LIKE :)

Out of curiosity, why aren't people selecting 'remember me' ... ? :scratch: You can always log out afterwards if it's a public or family machine.

I dont select it because i shouldnt have to...never had the problem before. I do it now just to keep me logged in though

I have just worked out something that is happening -

if everytime you open a post - you scroll back to check whether you are still logged in - sometimes you will be and sometimes you won't.

So it is random whether you can manage to post a thread in full. T

his is also the reason why after having logged on for the first time - sometimes when you try and open Today's Post - it tells you this is unavailable due to not being logged in, when you have only just logged in.

The way round all of this for now - you don't actually need to log back in - open another thread, or Today's Post - scroll back and you will suddenly find you are still logged in. A spider in the hardware of all our machines ??

Sounds like a bug in the new Forum to me - knowing nothing about computers !!!

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

However - writing a message reply to the thread - does not mean you will not lose connection mid sentence - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very frustrating and I think losing the Forum the volume of posts it used to have.

Perhaps something to monitor................ and fix ?

I know some temporary solutions have been offered - which of course assist for now, for me - however, it does mean I am unlikely to opening the Forum as often - especially at work. I am not leaving my Pc with a 'Remember Me' option for others.