The_Dude

Crystal Palace car show 29-30 MAY

http://www.motorsportatthepalace.co.uk/

Motorsport at the Palace for you London and Surrey types. Held in Crystal Palace park and easily accessible by bus and train. And car too! I'll be there as I live about half a mile away :)

Classic car show with a timed sprint event on part of the old race track that is now, sadly, no longer complete.

Looks like lots of cool cars to ogle at:

http://www.motorsportatthepalace.co.uk/competitorlist/sunday2.html

http://www.motorsportatthepalace.co.uk/competitorlist/monday2.htm

Some of last year's cars.

Hi

I'm going to this on Sunday but not taking the VR. Shall go to see if it's worth us using it as a venue for getting together and showing our cars.

Ron White

CCGB Member

Hope to get along on Sunday too, although quite want to see the grand prix, hmm.. Will try and be in touch at the weekend though.

I used to go to Crystal Palace park everyday to walk the dog as a kid.......its so wierd to see car racing around the park that I used to pretend to race around on my BMX :)

I cant believe I never knew about this event though :scratch: .......would defo be there if it wasnt for the fact I'm away on a stag weekend :bonk:

Hi

I'm going to this on Sunday but not taking the VR. Shall go to see if it's worth us using it as a venue for getting together and showing our cars.

Ron White

CCGB Member

The only caveat is coming in on the M3 and going round the South Circular (A205) which can be a bit crap as its pretty much all traffic. I prefer to go round the M25 and then up the M23 thru Croydon. Its about 30 miles more, but much less traffic and takes only slightly longer. It depends how frustrated you'd get sitting in traffic for up to an hour! If you're coming up early on a Sunday it should be ok tho.

I used to go to Crystal Palace park everyday to walk the dog as a kid.......its so wierd to see car racing around the park that I used to pretend to race around on my BMX :)

I cant believe I never knew about this event though :scratch: .......would defo be there if it wasnt for the fact I'm away on a stag weekend :bonk:

I think last year was the first year they did it since the 70s, so don't feel bad. :)

I should be wandering around in a CF or VW t-shirt, skinny guy with a big hooter - say hi if any of you see me!

Hi attanded this on Sunday morning not to miss the Grand Prix (what a race) as I was visiting my son for the weekend and just lives around the corner.

Yes it has just re-started after a while and now going for its second year.

It seems odd them racing around park but was a good sight with some classics.

Classic car section was good but no vw's yet.

How about us attending next year will get in contact with the organisers.

Ron White

CCGB