beaky

new vr6 owner in Bucks

Hi all, I'm new here so I thought I'd introduce myself. I have just bought a Corrado after a while not owning a VW. I used to drive MK1 Sciroccos and thought a Corrado must be next step. So after a while of looking I found a very original Blackberry vr6 with black leather and only 81k on the clock with history to back that up. I spent this weekend going over the car, trying to get to the bottom of it's problems and giving a cut and polish, whilst working on the car I can't help notice the similar lines of the Mk1 Scirocco.

It's problems... The previous owner said the mirrors haven't worked since he owned it, a strip down of the controls, some electrical contact cleaner and some vaserline sort that out. Next the ABS light... I have been going through the forums and have been reading about all the problems and diagnosis techniques, I think it's a wheel sensor so ordered one and have been spraying wd40 on the old one in preperation to replace.

I'm going to leave the sunroof until the winter, when the car will be dry stored so I can spend some time getting it right.

Here are some pictures of the car after two days work...

Rich

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47084[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47085[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47086[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47087[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47088[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47089[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47090[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47091[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47084[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47085[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47086[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47087[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47088[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47089[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47090[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47091[/ATTACH]

Edited by beaky

Very Nice! So Jealous!

This is exactly what im looking for; Blackberry Vr6 with low mileage! Im liking the black interior too!

Is it heated?

Thanks, it took me a while to find, eventually found it tucked away in the auto trader and only 20 miles away, bonus!

The seats are heated and they work too.

I have read up on the sunroof problem and think it's the motor, no scratches on the sunroof paintwork and relays clicking but sunroof sliding a centimetre before stopping and tilt works. Must be worth trying first I guess at £20 for a working Mk3 Golf motor.

I also have the abs sensor and going to fit that this weekend, I will be a happy bunny if I manage to fix these problems for under £40! :dance:

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

BTW, anybody got any tips for abs wheel sensor removal/replace with new part?

Can I just clip on the new sensor to the abs lead before removing/damaging the old sensor to see if the fault has cleared?

Edited by beaky

Well it cost me £70 in the end, £50 for a brake fluid service and £20 for a new sunroof motor, all working now... :dance:

Thanks for all the advice I have found in this forum.

Next I want to stiffen and lower the suspension keeping the original wheels and tyres (at the moment) can anyone recommend a setup?