goz1

Buzzing sound underneath

please heeeelppp!!!!!!!!

My 2.0 16V has started to make a intermittant buzzing sound from near the fuel pump under the car and is also jerking when driving. I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter, but I still have the same problem.

Any help would be aprrciated.

thanks.

Proper diagnostic required this time then to avoid further unecesary expense. It is entirely likely that your problem is fueling related still. Check the wiring for wire break making intermittent contact, or high resistance joint. Check the fuel pump relay and the continuity of electrical supply to the pump system from source to component. Don't forget the in-tank fuel lift pump. Be thorough, start at the fuse plate and work back toward the pumps. This way you will find a fault if it is there. Reactive,random part replacement is just lucky dip diagnostics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi John

thanks for the reply, do you think its worth starting off with a diagnostic?? Im not mechanical minded so would not even know where to start??

As John sais, but my guess will be the in tank fuel pump. when these go, the main pump under the car tends to get noisy and struggles to supply fuel. these are cheap enough to get and try

Thanks Sam.

Any idea how much the pump might cost and is it easy to replace??? I`ve already spent money on the fuel pump and fuel filter. also what is the pump in the boot called??

Between 25 and 40. Threes a thread I started to find out the part number. Search for 16v lift pump. If no luck ill dig out the link. Dead easy to replace, prob only 10mins worth of work.

Need more help!!

Right then I took the option to replace the in tank fuel pump, part no: 191906092AB, £48 from vw dealer, but it does not come with the strainer. Chap at vw advised that the strainer had been discontinued, and that the strainer from the old one should fit. My mechanic rang me and advised that the nozzle on the new pump is bigger than the one on the old one and the strainer will not fit.

Any advise would be much appreciated, been without the car for a week now.

Need more help!!

Right then I took the option to replace the in tank fuel pump, part no: 191906092AB, £48 from vw dealer, but it does not come with the strainer. Chap at vw advised that the strainer had been discontinued, and that the strainer from the old one should fit. My mechanic rang me and advised that the nozzle on the new pump is bigger than the one on the old one and the strainer will not fit.

Any advise would be much appreciated, been without the car for a week now.

I got mine for £23 delivered from ebay and it came with the strainer. I have the same problem and I am just about to fit it.

Right

Found out that the dealer gave me the wrong lift pump, went back and got the correct one. has been a week since it was fitted car has been ruuning fine. started the car this morning and the noise under the car is back again, under car fuel pump has started to starve.

any idea's, thanks.

Thinking it may be the fuel pressure accumulator, part which sits between the fuel filter and pump. Is it worth changing this as it costs about £180 from euro car parts, cant be doing with wasting more money on something i dont need and does not resolve the issue????

oh, also checked the fuel lines there are no blockages and meter head is getting fuel.