hawwy

timing chain and idle problem

how can you tell if timing chains messed up any specific sounds to listen for?

also how come sometimes my idle speed drops really low and baatery light flashes and sometimes car even goes off?

thanks

The corrado enjoys the odd stall or two. The problem with an erratic idle is and I speak from personal experiance it can be anything. ISV, MAF sensor, Cam shaft sensor, hole in pipes etc etc. I don't want to dampen the spirits but mine still has the problem 6 years on. It is very isolated which makes it worse. It wont stall for weeks then 2 or 3 times in a day.

Mine does this, but only occassionally. It always happens when im say approaching a junction and i dip the clutch the revs drop and it either picks back up to idle speed or occassionally the revs drop and it stalls. I really need to get the problem sorted.

hi

its done 157k i got a reciept saying chains were dun at 145k but i can hear some kind of grinding noise under hood

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Mine does this, but only occassionally. It always happens when im say approaching a junction and i dip the clutch the revs drop and it either picks back up to idle speed or occassionally the revs drop and it stalls. I really need to get the problem sorted.

thats exactly what mine does wht can it b

Try adjusting the dashpot. It's the white plunger that sits under the throttle quadrant and 'catches' the throttle plate when you lift off the gas, and lowers it gently to rest.

With the throttle at rest, push the plastic plunger down with your finger. If it goes down more than a few mm, someone's been c0cking about with it. And equally, if someone has raised the plunger too far so that the throttle is off it's stop, that's not good.

Look also for evidence of throttle stop adjustment tampering and throttle potentiometer replacement. The screws for both have dabs of yellow paint on them as a sign of tampering. If the paint is cracked / missing, again, someone's been in there.

VR6 stalling is nearly always incorrectly associated with ISV and throttle problems, when more often not the cause is a duff MAF sensor.... or tampering of said components in an attempt to stop the stalling.

when i had ideling problems, it was because the MAF sensor plug was damp with water, a quick drain out and a squirt of gt85/wd40 and it was spot on!, so check ya maf plug as thats not exactly hard to check,