be here now

lamba probe wire cut

hi im building a mk1 g60 an im a bit stuck on what to do with the lamba wiring as u can see in the picture the purpel wire for the lamba is ok but the black wire has been cut an i cant understand y vw would put a wire in an not connect it up could some one have a look at there ecu plug an let me now if theres are the same thanks

I haven't looked recently, but I do recall asking about this before when checking continuity on each of the lines - so I think its normal...

I think it's something to do with the reference for the purple signal wire...

On most G60's I've seen the 4 pin lambda plug only connects to a loomk with 3 wires - this is becuase the earth wire connects to a bracket ontop of the rear engine mount.

ok thanks for the reply,s I wont bother connecting it up then ill leave it alone bit strange why vw would put this wire in but not connect it to anything

this wire was broke on the loom side wen i had the engine in the corrado i spent ages trying to re pin it should of just left it cus it were,nt even connected at the other end cheers vw lol

Not 100% sure but i think that wire is used as a diagnostic feed to the ecu.Tells the ecu if the lamba sensor is busted