Alex_G60_Fanatic

Cleaning hubs

Not sure if submerging them would do much gd. You can get that de-ox in a gel that you could paint on to the rusty bits, not the bearings.

A drill with a wire wheel brought mine up well last year, just mask off the bearings. Good way to clean up the ABS rotors too.

Not sure if submerging them would do much gd. You can get that de-ox in a gel that you could paint on to the rusty bits, not the bearings.

Yeah, I've got some of that stuff too... I'm just lazy! :rolleyes:

But i think your right. Might get a brass brush angle grinder on it too.

Cannot comment on whether this is a good idea, but Deox is an expensive way of buying citric acid, apparently the main active ingredient (the rumour is that it is citric acid and wallpaper paste!). You can buy citric acid powder very cheaply and make up your own de-rusting solution. A useful guide (MS Word format) is available to download HERE. I have mainly used vinegar but am shifting to citric acid.

Cannot comment on whether this is a good idea, but Deox is an expensive way of buying citric acid, apparently the main active ingredient (the rumour is that it is citric acid and wallpaper paste!). You can buy citric acid powder very cheaply and make up your own de-rusting solution. A useful guide (MS Word format) is available to download HERE. I have mainly used vinegar but am shifting to citric acid.

I recently bought a bag of citric acid!! used it to make bath bombs! £5 for a kg, so about £4 cheaper! will have to keep that in mind!

Nice article too, might give some of that a go! :)