Mawrick

Not a C Q - but maybe you guys know anyway :) (What gear box fits a Golf MK4 1.6)

Not sure if this is the right place for this Q, but anyway - my brother wrecked my mothers car gearbox (at least that's what I think have happened)....:)

Anyway - does any of you know which gear boxes will fit a Golf MK4 1.6 petrol, are there any known issues with these boxes which one should look out for if getting a second hand one?.

Are they hard to change when engine is in the car? maybe easier to take out the whole lump ?

Thanks

They can break in a pretty disasterous way apparently, look for golf or seat 1.4 and 1.6 cars or 1.6 octavias for a similar box, polos, ibizas and lupos may also have similar boxes on the similar engines, important thing is this is a rod change box unlike the 1.8 and above mk4 era cars

Alright - according to my brother it went when he hit a hole in the road - although I'm not to sure about it, kinda think he have been driving it hard....lol

Not sure if it at all can brake from hitting a hole in the road though.....;)