ryanmac

vr6 dashboard rewire and it doesn't start

Hi all

As you know I bought sean jaymos old vr6 and I have just finished rewiring behind the dashboard and the car won't start....The car will turn over but not start. Also I can hear and feel the fuel pump relay click over and I get a voltage reading at one of the wires down the fuel pump side but I don't hear it prime or run when cranking. I also get no fuel in the engine bay as another indication that its not priming.

Has anyone any suggestions? I am going to check to see if I do get a voltage at the injectors, coil, and throttle body. Is there anywhere else I should check....And where are the earth points for all these bits in case it is a bad earth. The ignition switch looks ok but it has had the wiring cut and rejoined on it a few times and the wire to the starter has been cut and rejoined to attached the 2 wires for the cobra alarm....

I do have a few random wires. One is solid green and comes from the back of the fusebox with a spade connector on the end, The other is solid black with a bit of tape on the end that says terminal 50 and the other is part of the loom that goes to the dashboard clocks with a bit of tape on the back saying terminal 30.

Ohh the other problem is with all the doors, bonnet and boot closed the alarm won't activate but with the door open it beeps, closes the locks and puts out a constant beep....That is confusing me...

Cheers ryan

Have you check all the fuses, I had a very similar problem the last thing I check was the fuses and one of the 30amp ones had blown, replaced and started perfect.

the random green wire might be the original tach signal wire to the clocks? and the black the speed signal? otherwise there are a few random wires behind the dash!

do you have any of the a3 rewired parts left? eg- the headlight loom, if so will you be selling it?

I have none of the a3 parts left as it all melted. I am going to start checking over everything again.