Moreland

Electrical issues

Hi,

Thought I'd ask if anyone's had similar electrical problems with their Rado. It's VR 93 @ 120 K. It started with the rear wiper playing up then a rear light coming on last week without the switch on which lead to the loom burning out. After reading on here it seems their prone to the switches going so changed that with a new loom and in line fuse to prevent it happening again. From the loom burning out though it seemed to effect the load reducing relay as no power was getting to it, after some wire diagram searching It turned out to be the ignition switch causing the problem so that was changed and power was resumed back to the relay. Today though after just fixing the previous problem I noticed the fans were going full blast as I went outside which was strange as I hadn't driven the car for 24 hours, after removing the fan control unit the fan cut off and I left at that. I just went for a drive though and now my coolent temp is going crazy and dash light flashing as if it is about to overheat. With or without the control unit plugged the same problem arises. I'm assuming a temp sensor has failed?

I was wondering if anyone's had similar faults and if there is any coincidence with the multiple components failing all in the same week ??? I do love the car but it is starting to test my patience !

Paul -