Alex_G60_Fanatic

280mm Calipers

Iv got a front set of g60 brakes and carriers with disks and pads and bolts i only want rid as iv just got them bit already changing to brembos

I got them of g60 mat the other week but never fitted them

They also have the brake lines and all the bleed nips are free

I paid 70 delivered for the lot so just looking to get my money back to put towards the brembos

Id like to sell the lot togetjer bit if it has to be seperate then so be it

I started refurbing them and painted them red but wasnt happy so gonna rub them down and iv got some high temp silver paint i could throw in with them if you want

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Pm your email and ill take some pics later for you

Also tje disks and pads have no lip on the disks an the pads have plenty of meat on them

Cheers

i have one good condition standard VR6 caliper, not sure if thats the same as you need or not.

but i bought it new from VW to replace a seized one, then later in the year i fitted 288's

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

I'd love it if you rub them down for me, I'll not be wanting them red. You can keep the high temp paint though, I'm going to paint them purple to match my samco hoses and KW suspension.

Hows £30 plus postage?

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I think i need g60 specific btw, I'll need to check.

3corsameal: I'd love yours if they fit (unpainted so less work to paint purple)... I have a pal who needs some 280mm brakes for a mk2 conversion so ill check the part numbers and let you know.#

EDIT: it's a 54 caliper so thats the one i need! Do you know what side it is? drivers or passengers?

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

i only have one in that condition, the other is the original 150,000mile one and i took the piston out to find its not worth keeping

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

i'm pretty sure its passenger side

i only have one in that condition, the other is the original 150,000mile one and i took the piston out to find its not worth keeping

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

i'm pretty sure its passenger side

I think that's the one i need! I'll have a check tonight and get back to you, how much would you want for it?

I have one,not sure what side,(till I get home)fully reconditioned but never used.With any luck it might make a pair !

Pictures to follow !

I think that's the one i need! I'll have a check tonight and get back to you, how much would you want for it?

£25 posted, will probably cost best part of a fiver to post i reckon

£25 posted, will probably cost best part of a fiver to post i reckon

that sounds good mate! I'll let you know when i find out what i need and also see what the others come back with :)

It looks like I may need more than 1 set (one for me and one for my mate) so please keep your info and pictures coming peeps. :)

LOL Dilema! you both offered me a passenger calliper and both for £25 posted and both of a similar condition.... I'll have a think and ask my mate and let you guys know.

3corsameal: you sure yours is a passenger side yeah?

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

I only posted as you said your mate might want one !

I dont want to step on the 3Corsameal toes

I understand! it's ok mate, corsa got in first so he has first dibs (as per forum rules). You ain't standing on anyone's toes! :)

well, just to let you know I'll probably be taking red's set (depending on pictures) but I will be needing a passenger side calliper as well so I'll take corsa's calliper please. Pm sent :)

Ive some VR6 280 callipers here in Sunny Aberdeen,not sure if they fit tho???

do you still have these available mate? I'm needing a drivers side calliper