joebloggsVR69

Can't reply to threads, or create new threads.. [IE8]

Has something changed with the forum lately?

I can't reply to or create threads.

I'm having to do this in Chrome, which admittedly is a far superior browser.. :lol:

In IE8, the message textfield is just greyed out, disabled

I normally use Chrome too but just switched to IE8 and the Quick Reply field is working just fine for me.. as you can see! :)

Glad im not the only one mate. I get this on my work PC which runs win 7 which has IE8, it used to work, then it stopped working - greyed out as you say. I'll try firefox at work tomorrow.

IE8 is the most unreliable browser ever produced... that said try clearing the cache and also update Java but chrome is the way forward!

I use Firefox at work and Chrome at home and simply haven't had any of these problems at all that people are intermittently experiencing! :(

I had same problem, very annoying had to change settings on posting format?

press the compatibility view button, I get calls at work all day about this alot of sites don't work with the new IE. might be worth a try seems to work on tesco.com lol

Could also be related to the same problem with safari / iPhone / iPad not being able to post on here either, apparently it's a known issue with the forum software, and a fix will be released.

Ahhh!

Thanks Kempy - for some reason, the forum was added to 'Compatibility View' and that seems to have messed it up.

Press alt-T to bring up the tools menu:

Tools > Compatibility View Settings

I removed the forum from the list of sites, and now it works in crummy old IE8! :D

thats seems to fix alot on Ie. I get calls at work regularly because customers can't pick a delivery slot on Tesco grocery website

if anyone is running I.E I'd recommend upgrading to 9.0 if you meet the minumim requirements of course!!

I'm the biggest anti-microsoft person going, but I recently upgraded it on my works laptop, and its 100x better than 8.0

Still cant beat my mac's and iOS devices though :)

^Agreed about IE9 but does not run on XP and needs SP2 for Vista - at the end of the day though it's just a Chrome rip-off and Chrome works so well... although does require admin rights on W7 to install...

^Agreed about IE9 but does not run on XP and needs SP2 for Vista - at the end of the day though it's just a Chrome rip-off and Chrome works so well... although does require admin rights on W7 to install...

Chrome Portable fixes that problem (at work, at least) ;)