easypops

Clicking relay and occasional misfire FIXED

Hi ,

I have an occasional misfire on the vr, its not too bad but a bit annoying, fairly recent(miles wise) coil pack, leads and plugs...........and i have started to heard a relay clicking............not that easy to diagnose which one as it only does it while driving.............turns out its one on the top of the fuse box.............the only one i can see which might have a bearing on the misfire would be the 'No 16 Fuel pump after run control unit'...........now i'm not sure it is this one that is clicking as i only managed to feel it last night..............anyone got any other suggestions as to what it might be?.....................i'm going to change the fuel pump relay and the ecu relay anyway, so any part numbers would be a help

TIA

Martin

Edited by easypops

got it, turns out as ecu relay, if vr6 parts as below

ECU Relay - (109) - 1J0 906 381 A

Fuel Pump Relay - ( 167) - 191 906 383 C

Cheers emu, I have discovered the relay which is going mad........it's right at the top, above the rest of the relays, .........anyone know what this is as I can't find it in the bentley manual and don't want to unplug it in case it won't start lol

Edited by easypops

Ok , so it says 53 on it and it's in upside down as you look at it, I have removed it and everything seems to be working as before, the spades on it looked a little bit black and it was quite warm, also opened it up and it looked ok inside.........just thinking about it, the only thing I didn't try was the heated seats? Could it be part of that?

I have 2 53 relays in my 1.8 16v. One is for the horn and the other is for the foglights. Possibly not much help for a VR6. It may just be a kind of generic switching relay.

Cheers Wullie,

I have another 2 on the main part of the fuseboard too..........and i have a spare fuseboard with 2 on it........one of which will be taking the place of the mad clicking one..........hopefully that might sort it? Not that i have any idea what its function is anyway :lol: