stu37

Please anyone browsing PLEASE LOOK, i need some VR GEARBOX help before I lose my mind

Hi guys, I fitted a replacement gearbox into my VR6 corrado about 500 miles ago and since have had problem... after problem.... after problem.

Firstly the car didnt select properly and I put it down to the rubber on the cable end being shot, so I placed it with an ally bush. The car when used would select all gears fine and then lose reverse and then first.... You simply could not select them (when the car had heated up), if left to stand selection was then ok again.....?

I have checked the oil and that is ok.

On inspection I have removed the two gearbox selector tower bolts but im thinking twice about pulling it out... :os.

I have noticed that the plastic slider runner on the side of the mechanism is damadged/worn and looks like its allowing extra play in the gearchange. Apart from this sliding from 1st to 3rd on the level plain (operating just the arm does not feel fluid as the same trying to select reverse...

Guys I am so stuck and do honestly not know what to do... Remove tower...? Leave tower....? Buy some matches....?

Any help would be MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciatted :o(