Sign in to follow this  
hustler

anyone on here got z3 mirrors on there car?

I think the mirrors the Corrado has are fine.....not that I'm dissing your taste. C mirrors are obviously cool if TVR use them :-)

Sheesh... I never knew that one dubster... I knew that TVRs had them (all be it with a button to open the doors added) but I'd never have thougth that the Maclaren F1 had them too... :shock: 8)

Where did you find that little gem out? 8)

Maybe they're not Corrado mirrors at all, but rather some company that made them and VW, McLaren and TVR all used them? There's also another car that wears them but I can't remember what it is....

K

Maybe they're not Corrado mirrors at all, but rather some company that made them and VW, McLaren and TVR all used them? There's also another car that wears them but I can't remember what it is....

K

That'd make sense... I'd bet they're Hella items or someone similar... 8)

Henny, wel;l, believe it or not, i was simply watchin a really old film that my girlfriend had on tape filmed years ago on sky.

the tape continued to run without being switched off than on came a car documentary about the F1. close up shot showed the mirrors, and i thought.."i bloody well recognise them!" :lol:

I reckon they are VW design mirrors tho. interesting point too tho.

Aston martin used to use Scirocco rear lights and TVR used to use fiesta rear lights too. :wink:

Aye, Gold...the best deflector of heat....so that's what they used! A no compromise car! There's enough of it in the F1 to make several hundred women happy :-)

And the engine....mmmm....a one off secretive build.

I also like the GPS diagnostic port....plug the laptop in and it dials into McLaren HQ and the engineers can upload new data to the ECU...anywhere in the world....and that was in the early 90s!

There'll never be another F1 :-(

threres something my car will never share with it :( mine doesnt even speak to vag-com :roll:

and it will nevr have a BMW engine either :lol:

I also like the GPS diagnostic port....plug the laptop in and it dials into McLaren HQ and the engineers can upload new data to the ECU...anywhere in the world....

Maybe we could do this mod for the C, Kev. We could use your VAG-Com, my laptop and my dads GPS and every time theres a problem the car dials in to VW to request a mechanic and some spare parts.... :lol:

....or maybe not! :roll:

Just remembered another car that uses corrado wing mirrors...the Lister Storm, it also uses the top half of the corrado doors including glass and the windscreen.

Also seen a couple of coaches in spain with the outer rear lights of the corrado used for marker lights at the very top rear of the coach.

Its been a while since I had a good look inside a corrado door, but this picture of the inside of the Lister makes me believe that lister actually use the whole corrado door with a fibreglass shell on the outside.

I wonder if any owners will do the lupo windscreen wiper mod? :D

rofl :lol: