KIPVW

VW Festival Harewood, Lets see those pictures! :)

Looked like a nice day out!!

Annoyed that I missed my fav shows of the year, Tatton park and Harewood house!!!

What other festivals is there in the next few weeks, not including Edition 38 as not really up for getting my BBS alloys stolen :(

to everybody that went, i was in the flourescent and pointed you down the row to the stand :p (my claim to fame!) and congrats to Jude for getting a prize! get the pics up Kip ;) stand looked excellent as usual! :) Ps Kip - Its the brakes!

Great show, not been for a few years but thought set up was great and show has really grown. Nice to see everyone and those we missed, see you at the next show! :)

Good show as usual, thanks for the 263 cam remap Dave:cool:. Got lost in Leeds on the way home as the slip road i wanted to take (the sat Nav wanted me to take) was closed so was driving round for like 30mins trying to get out, im sure i saw James in his 8v while i was lost.

Great stand, good to talk to a few of you

Lol I was caught up in the Sat Nav/Diversion battle too. How do you find the car now with the cams and remap keen to hear your thoughts.:thumbleft:

I'll report back when everything has settled down as the ECU has to re-learn most of its values, but still a noticeable difference on the way home caught me by surprise a couple of times how quick the power came in :cool:

Glad i wasnt the only one diversion was saying straight up then at the next set of traffic lights it was saying take the left when i was sat in the far right hand lane with traffic in the near side lanes. I was proper ****ed off by the time i got home. LEEDS IS A MAZE

lost in leeds, tut lol, which way did you all go! easiest way is to get back on the a1 then go up or down :p

A1 south for me, missed all the hold ups apart from the roads around Harewood.

Yep enjoyed the show again this year and again the weather was kind. Congrats to Jude taking third in the water cooled show and shine.

And yet again my VR failed to start but after lifting the bonnet for 15mins to let it cool it fired up, thanks once again to CrazyDave for helping me out. Oh Dave, I adjusted my throttle angle to 14 degrees, it's better off throttle now. Thanks.

Thanks Mark, Phil, Dave and everyone else who has said well done in/on various places.

I was truely surprised to be told I was placed 3rd (and not only because they have only announced an overall winner in previous years). I celebrated by drinking the champagne my sister bought me for my birthday a few weeks ago.

And I do feel slightly guilty that what really swung it between mine & Kips was that my front brakes were so much better being cleaner and shiny shiny silver between the vents. And they were only that good as Kip fitted new calipers (but I did paint them) last week and gave the disks a touch up while he was about it!!!

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Yeah. Another bonus of standard suspension... you can get under to clean the exhaust, backs of wheels and can get hands into wheel arches to clean properly. I think its slightly funny that so many 'show' cars have very dirty wheel arches when you look closely.

I think I came out from underneath too soon as Dave would have had a pic of just my legs sticking out!

Good to see all your hard work is paying off, i'm sure you must be delighted, well done:cheers:

I'll report back when everything has settled down as the ECU has to re-learn most of its values, but still a noticeable difference on the way home caught me by surprise a couple of times how quick the power came in :cool:

Glad i wasnt the only one diversion was saying straight up then at the next set of traffic lights it was saying take the left when i was sat in the far right hand lane with traffic in the near side lanes. I was proper ****ed off by the time i got home. LEEDS IS A MAZE

Lost in Leeds, how???

My cams are on there way from the states, woooo!!!!

Some more pics from Sunday

CCGB Stand

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48696[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48697[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48698[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48699[/ATTACH]

Club GTI Manchester Stand

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48700[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48701[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48702[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48703[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48704[/ATTACH]

Other Rado's

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48707[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48708[/ATTACH]

Edited by Kev_VR6

Here are some photos I took while wondering around amazing cars at the festival. These are on my G+ profile and that's the link to see them: link

ps. It's possible that it will be my doubled post, as tried to post before but said it need's to be moderated. Anyway, once first post appear I will delete it (to stop duplicated posts), hope you'll enjoy the pictures.