Sign in to follow this  
BlueVR6

alloys

Ive got a standard VR6 and was thinking about putting on a new set of alloys on. i was wondering what is the best size to get for handling and looks 8) another thing is it worth lowering the rado?

Cheers All

hi there mate and welcome, ive run both the origional 15s and 17s on my vr6 and to be honest it does seem to handle better on 15s and give a smother ride.Having said that i think 17s do look better as they fill the arches.Ive also tried 18s but they were just too big.Ive lowered mine approx 30mm and 17s fit straight on with no probs.

Some people say 16s are the best for both looks and handling but ive not had any 16s.Ive currently got the origional !5s on at the min and the car looks nice and low.You do notice the car sitts higher when on 17s.

Tell us about your motor mate, Is it a storm? cheers Dale :)

Ive got a standard VR6 and was thinking about putting on a new set of alloys on. i was wondering what is the best size to get for handling and looks 8) another thing is it worth lowering the rado?

Cheers All

i would lower it with any hesitation......once lowered i'm pretty sure you'll find that you won't need to bother with bigger rims :wink:

where-a-bouts in Aberdeen are you btw?

im actually from a place called monymusk nearer inverurie, just said aberdeen cos thats where i usually am through work and stuff.

Ive got a standard Lreg 1994 VR6 no mods apart from 15" OZ Polaris alloys, there nice alloys but just look to small. Its a blue/mauve colour and its Allegedly the only one left in scotland this colour.

cheers

Whats the best way to go about lowering? Are a new set of springs enough or should i be looking at replacing the shocks as well? Is 30mm the recomended amount?

Cheers lads :)

Agree with the above, I'd recommend lowering it first and then seeing how you feel. 17s on an unlowered car can lead to an exaggerated 4X4 look, and actually make the car look worse in some cases...