Dox

Pic request Corrado with late Golf VR6 BBS alloys

I've just bought some tyres fitted to 15 inch BBS (RX?) wheels off a late Golf VR6, the wheels have been badly painted black, does anyone have a pic of a Corrado fitted with these wheels to help make my mind up to refurb or weigh them in.

Thanks

I'm surprised there isn't a wheel thread here...........

Edited by Dox
forgot rims size

Don't have a pic of these, but when I was choosing wheels I wanted something similar... I think this style of wheel on the Corrado suits 16" a bit better (IMO of course)

I went for BBS RCs in the end. I was going for either these or single piece 16" RXs, but the RCs are lighter, and I was struggling to find RXs.

Here's a pic (before the alignment was done)

IMAG0181.jpg

Very nice. My car is currently as it left the factory on speedlines, I have a pair of NOS 16 inch RX2s and I'm waiting to find another pair of NOS at reasonable money.

I bought 4 205 50 15s on the VR6 rims but the previous owner of them paint them black - a rattle can job, including the centre caps, wheel weights and probably brake dust too.

I've been through all 49 pages of this thread and not seen one fitted with them.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?49630-Post-a-Pic-Only-your-best-pic-of-your-car/page49

I don't need to see them to know they won't look right, in 15" on a VR6 it doesn't get better than the OE Speedlines, keep the tyres if they are decent and move the wheels on.

I don't need to see them to know they won't look right, in 15" on a VR6 it doesn't get better than the OE Speedlines, keep the tyres if they are decent and move the wheels on.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?56705-my-vr6-Shed-on-Wheels-..&p=732065#post732065

I hope the owner dosn't mind me borrowing his pic

Raddoside.jpg

Personally I don't think they look too bad (much better than a lot of aftermarket alloys IMO), I may go the refurb way now

Certainly better than many aftermarket offerings but it looks like a car thats had its Speedlines stolen and had Golf VR6 alloys fitted because

a the owner couldn't source replacement Speedlines

b didn't know any better