ryanmac

Lets talk turbos

Hi all

Although I have the eaton charger I have been looking into turbos as well. I already have the exhaust manifold as I bought that when I first thought of charging the vr6 but then I went for the eaton as I wanted instant power instead of waiting for the turbo to wind up. I have been rethinking this as I have looked a bit more at turbos but still am a bit puzzled with them...

I don't want to go out and spend near enough £1000 on one so have been looking at various cars that are already charged and seeing if I could use the turbo off that. The cars I have been looking at are 200sx and imprezas.

From what I gather I want a turbo with a roller bearing, something garrett for reliability and something not to big that spins up about 1500rpm...I have looked at gt28's and 35's but can anyone recommend one from another car that I can use or has anyone any experience from using a turbo from another car...

The base engine will be a fully lightened and balanced bottom end, some headwork, ARP bolts all over, Aquamist water injection, renault intercooler, bosch 440cc injectors, 264 cams, lightened and balanced flywheel and a gearbox with a 3.9FD.

Cheers

Ryan