Storm Guy

BBS RS 17" Originals or REPLICAS - Opinions please!

Before I rush and try to satisfy my desire for BBS RS's - any thoughts....

Ideally want some 'good as can be' original BBS RS 7.5 x 17 5/100 ET33 for my VR6.

Rare, maybe - and searching can only find a few replicas. They look decent but can anyone shed any more info on these please. Anyone seen these in the flesh?

Prices don't seem to be too bad but what do you think.

Not sure about reps but if something isn't available at the right price (and may need refurbing as well) what d'you do.

Opinions appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Storm Guy

from ten feet away look ok but always be fakes..?! big commitment buying and owning rs`s had a set on every dub i`ve had.. but will say have always got my money back and had people waiting to buy them.

on the lenso ones the finsh doesnt last all the laqure bubbles around every bolt unless they sorted it out i had one the first sets around and they only lasted a few months before they started bubbling.

..... but will say have always got my money back and had people waiting to buy them.

That's very good to hear, thanks. Really do want originals.

As copies/ fakes, the detailing looks pretty good-but is the quality up to scratch - longevity is the key.

Either way they will be maintained thoroughly.

on the lenso ones the finsh doesnt last all the laqure bubbles around every bolt unless they sorted it out i had one the first sets around and they only lasted a few months before they started bubbling.

Not good-especially given how much more expensive the lensos are over the calibre make. Wonder how the calibre will hold up by comparison? Thanks

Im sure you all will have noted- but the centre pic is the orig RS, left is lenso, right is calibre.

I dont think they make the calibre wheels in a 5 stud close to the vr6 stud pattern :(

They seem to be listed in almost all places stocking the vintage as available in a 5 stud corrado (?)

They seem to be listed in almost all places stocking the vintage as available in a 5 stud corrado (?)

Thats strange, i looked on rimstyle and they didnt list it!

you got any linkys? fingers crossed i get my vr6 soon :D

http://www.rimstyle.com/products/wheels/car-spec.html?category=alloy_wheels;manufacturer=calibre;type=calibre_vintage_ss;model=6270

Edited by robo22sri

that link works fine :)

they do, do them in 5x100!! that place selling the wheels is about 15mins away from me :D

that link works fine :)

they do, do them in 5x100!! that place selling the wheels is about 15mins away from me :D

Excellent stuff! Please check out the build quality and let us know if you get a chance to view them.

Excellent stuff! Please check out the build quality and let us know if you get a chance to view them.

i need to buy my car first :D

replica wheels are like fake tits, look great from a distance but as soon as you have them in your hand they just dont feel right.

look what replica LM have done to the real ones, they used to be one of the best alloys ever made, and so made them very exclusive and expensive, but all these copies have just destroyed there rarity which is a real shame in my eyes.

I used a set of replica LMs still look the dogs bollocks but for god sake don't pressure wash them its a killer!