Robbo149

Fitting new radiator - any tips?

Steve not sure on the measurements as i didnt compare my old one to new one, not did i really notice any size difference. however the metal brackets i did notice, i think this is for the fan assembly to sit in but found it didnt quite fit right, i jsut bent them enough to allow me to fit the fans back on it.

id say you do have the right fan. Albeit if differences to the old one.

Went to my local stealer to order a new elbow - obsolete part, no stock anywhere! Ordered a new o ring, hopefully that will cure it (fingers crossed!)

Cheers,

Robbo

Typical! :( Gruvenparts do a stainless one, but it's £££. Let's hope it's just the o-ring.

ooh, just looked on the Gruvenparts site - that rad elbow looks like a lovely bit of kit!

Took it out for a run today to check for airlocks/heater/fan operation & all seems good. Had a good look where the coolant is seeping from & it's all the way around the join, so I'm hopeful it is just the o-ring. Picking the new one up tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robbo

SUCCESS! So far so good at least. Replaced the o-ring in the rad elbow today & the leaking seems to be fixed! The new o-ring from VW was a round profile one, whereas the old one I took out was a square profile one. Seems to have done the job though - maybe a superceded part? Anyway, the old seal crumbled to bits when I took it off! Lost about half a litre of coolant while I did it mind :-(

Happy days!

Cheers, Robbo