ray_vr6

new shocks - suspension not level

Hi

Just fitted a set of Bilstein B2 and Eibach springs and the drivers side front is sitting lower (smaller gap between tyre and wing arch) - what could I have done wrong? - defo need to raise it slightly as the tyre slightly fowls the arch liner on full lock.

any advice help gratefully received!

TIA

How much lower?

It's common for lowered VR6s (with fixed struts) to sit a little lower at the offside rear, but the front is usually level.

I should have said its a - 1990 16v (must change my username!) - just been out to to check and its about 10mm.

Cant really help you.... If you installed every thing ok then you going to have to ajust one side..

Last week installed coilovers on a passat and a golf 4 and the same thing happened, checked everything and in the end we had to ajust that side only

Thanks - had a look arounf the inetrnet for ideas and using spacers or shims at the topof the shock seems to be a meathod of "raising" the ride hight. I have seen everything from washers available at B&Q being used to polyurethane shims - anyone got experience or thoughts?