Rorgasm

Mmmmmmmm, quite sure oil isnt meant to be there:-\

Morning all:smug:

Being a complete beginner to the whole engine tinkering, thought id start myself of with something easy (famous last words). Genseral service of dizzy cap, leads & spark plugs as the little lady was getting a little lazy on start up. Unfortunately one of my spark plug cylinders is half full of oil (got about 10ml out of it). Cleaned the cylinder & spark plug (friday) & checked again this morning &.........more oil, not alot but enough to turn to you guys. Any thoughts?? new seal needed some were perhaps:scratch:

Thanks

Rory

Morning all:smug:

Being a complete beginner to the whole engine tinkering, thought id start myself of with something easy (famous last words). Genseral service of dizzy cap, leads & spark plugs as the little lady was getting a little lazy on start up. Unfortunately one of my spark plug cylinders is half full of oil (got about 10ml out of it). Cleaned the cylinder & spark plug (friday) & checked again this morning &.........more oil, not alot but enough to turn to you guys. Any thoughts?? new seal needed some were perhaps:scratch:

Thanks

Rory

Hate to be the dark cloud but it sounds like your cylinder pistons rings are fried are you getting blue haze smoke from your exhaust ??.

Bones

Suppose it would help if you guys knew what car it was Thanks for pointing it out Super.

Its a purple one:confused: lol

1994 2.0l 16v;

Thought it could be the valve cover gasket, looks like its time to get my hands dirty at last:cheers: Any part numbers, know your always partial to a parts quote Super:cool: Thanks for your input.

Fortunatley no blue smoke from the exhaust Bones, ill be keeping an eye out for that one. Thanks for your input with the Idle valve as well mate, appreciated:thumbleft:

just a quick update. Spent most of yesterday servicing my Rado. Had a look at the Gasket & it was shagged. Replaced easily enough & no oil slick on my driveway this morning:thumbleft:

Cheers once again for your comment guys:smug:

Loving the Rado but not too sure if the Missus or Bank manager share my excitement:dance:

So far;

New alarm fitted

DVD Head unit fitted

power cable for amps & sub routed to the boot

Rims respay (although it is in my head to get some nice deep dish alloys.... any suggestions?)

new Dizzycap, spark plugs, oil ect.

oh & lets not forget the 500times ive washed her lol.

Passed my test without any problems so im on the road & chuffed to bit the rado is my first car.

Did you experience any problems with the drivers side window?? twice now its gone down but not come up but after a couple of hour will decide to work again????

Have an evening of playing with the Acceleration cable due to yesterdays tinkering. All fun tho.

Will be changing my profile soon but will give you the heads up when I do.

haha got the same window problem on mine too..... mine packs in while its up but then soon after it will start to work..... not looked in to that yet as you learn to work with these issues, haha or i have anyway

yep......doesnt seem to happen in the winter but i try my best not to let the window all the way down (also have a metal bar in the door frame so i can wedge it closed in emergancys). so yeh ive work with that issue:smug:

Loving the Rado but not too sure if the Missus or Bank manager share my excitement:dance:

So far;

New alarm fitted

DVD Head unit fitted

power cable for amps & sub routed to the boot

Rims respay (although it is in my head to get some nice deep dish alloys.... any suggestions?)

new Dizzycap, spark plugs, oil ect.

oh & lets not forget the 500times ive washed her lol.

Passed my test without any problems so im on the road & chuffed to bit the rado is my first car.

Did you experience any problems with the drivers side window?? twice now its gone down but not come up but after a couple of hour will decide to work again????

Have an evening of playing with the Acceleration cable due to yesterdays tinkering. All fun tho.

Will be changing my profile soon but will give you the heads up when I do.

HOLY POO! im struggling to insure mine now haha! good lad :thumbleft: