Rorgasm

Valve Cover torque setting

Just a quicky for you all to flex those bain muscles this morning. Gonna be replacing my Valve Cover Gasket & not sure what torque setting i should use when putting Valve cover back on????

any helpful hints & tips will be appreciated as well:thumbleft:

Thanks

I'd guess about 25nm maybe, I just put mine on using my hold the centre of the ratchet in the cup of your hand technique, avoids over tightening it because you get less torque from the centre obviously. No leaks so far :)

Valve cover bolts on a 1.8 KR are 10 Nm. Don't know about other models. One reason for putting the model in your sig.

Only the 2.0 litre 16v and 8v and VR6 to go, unless its some other engine.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Clean all surfaces thoroughly. Use a SMALL bead of silicon, very small, to hold the gasket in place and give it some time to set to prevent it moving when you put the cover in place. Then progressively tighten the bolts in a diagonal sequence, similar to the cylinder head sequence. Do not overtightened, that last tweak just to make sure can be a killer.

Sorry guys, second time in as many days ive done that:rolleyes:

2.0ltr 16v

Cheers for you input wullie:thumbleft:

Easily done. To save having to remember go to Settings at the top of the page, then in the page that appears on the right hand side are a load of options. In the second, I think, Group you can edit your Signature. Type in 19xx 2.0 16v and you can forget having to remember it if that's not an oxymoron.

Don't overdo the silicon, it's not to seal, just hold the gasket in place.