Kevin Bacon

R32 intake manifold

Cool, cheers Karl. I'll keep an eye on that one then! Do you know if MK4 and MK5 manis are the same? These bloody 24V engines are doing my head in at the moment! Life was so much easier with a 12V :lol:

They don't fit in a Corrado mate. They push hard up against the Radiator. The 24V head is a good 2" wider than the 12V and you only get an inch or so clearance with a 12V short runner at the narrowest point, well, the Schimmel one at least. But I'll look into that, there must be a 24V corrado with an SRI out there somewhere!

My plans keep changing the more I learn more about 24Vs, such as the Schimmel 264/260 cams not fitting in the AUE engine I've got!! America I only just found out got the 24V from 2002 onwards, so they didn't get the AUE motor. The cams are for dual VVT motors only.

So now the plan is to pop an R32 head (already sourced) onto my 2.8 block and use the cams and see what kind of fun n'asp power I can get, then stick the old turbo on.

No doubt I'll discover some other change VW did to the 24Vs and end up changing my plans AGAIN! lol....

Interesting, so with a Mk4 R head, some cams, exhaust and map it should be close to 250 bhp right?

Sounds like fun!

Interesting, so with a Mk4 R head, some cams, exhaust and map it should be close to 250 bhp right?

Sounds like fun!

And the rest ;)

A 2.8 with just 268 cams and a remap makes 200whp (~250 @ the fly) :D I don't want to say what I'm aiming for at this stage, just in case it doesn't happen in a spectacularly embarrassing way :lol:

Should be fun yeah. Something a bit different to tinker with and I miss the top end pull from my old valvers. I'd love that same sensation in my Corrado, but obviously scaled up a fair bit.

Neal, you could be thinking of the 3.6 my friend. That has a 10.5 degree V where as all the UK 2.8 and 3.2s are 15 degree :D. I *think* there may have been a 10.5 deg FSI 3.2 in europe only, but we never got that!

Yes mate :D

ok as just found a complete r32 engine with a knackered bottom end for £400, could have sold the sump/pump for about £200.