deanjames

Fuel Leak - VR6

Hi Guys all help appreciated.

I have a fuel leak on my corrado vr6.

Its a strange one its leaks intermittently, ive followed the fuel lines as far back as i can and where its leaks from its disappears into the body of the car.

When it leaks, i turn the car of and then start it again and it stops, so thinking it is pressure related and maybe a line going back to the tank?

Here is a picture of the area.

Its drivers side.

bfcf003b.jpg

92672b97.jpg

Many thanks

I had a similar leak years back.......my'n was a perished hose at the top of the fuel tank located in the boot - there is a round disc shaped cover under the carpet in the boot on the right hand side (from memory), removing that reveals some fuel lines into the top of the tank - check them by pressing on the side to see if fuel leaks - I found the clip was an original VW item and so trimmed the hose and replaced with jubilee.

Give it a check, you might be lucky ...... :shrug:

Edited by Danny B

as danny b said check the tank.id say its the return feed thats leaking.

Its just three posti screws in the booth holding black cover plate on booth floor

weird alright, but I think the fuel lines and co2 canister pipe only run in that housing between the bay to near the filter location, the lines then visibly dissapear as plastic pipes behind the tank where they connect to a flexi as above, the rubber pipes in the bay perish with heat, be worth checking those as well.

Thanks for the replies

Have checked the hoses in the boot all look fine.

I dont understand why its leaking from here it is

Thanks for the replies

Have checked the hoses in the boot all look fine.

Have you pressed and prodded them, you will only find a leak doing this in rubber hoses - in other words you wont just see it sepping.

because its leaking from the front!

Check the pipes that go into the fuel rail in the left side of the engine... Mine did the same, only some times it would leak... Especialy in the morning start

have found the leak i think

55939cb7.jpg

e61db18e.jpg

There is signs of fresh fuel on these pipes no one them are loose and have checked the connectons, any idea why they would be leaking though

Thats the pipes I mentioned... Ive just bought new fuel pipe and put new clips, these pipes go very hard after the large amount of heat they get, best just replacing it. Very cheap aswell

Rubber pipe connections:

In the body.....

Black plastic is the fuel pump high pressure output from the fuel tank.

Blue is the fuel return to tank fuel.

White is the fuel tank to carbon cannister petrol vapours.

Have known a couple of VR6's leak here before. The rubber pipes to the fuel rail perish over time.

Have a close look at the black plastic pipe where it joins the rubber pipe. Thats under the most pressure from the fuel system pump. (4 bar typical)

But you could have a sticking fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail (front left) which is causing excessive pressure. So it only leaks when the fuel pressure regulator sticks and it over pressures. Again its the black plastic/rubber pipe connection to look at closely.