daniboy1_2_3

16V G60 intake manifold

Hi there, im looking for some help locating a suitable inlet manifold for my 16VG60 engine. I have a bahn brenner integration kit and they recommend using the scirocco 16V intake manifold. Seeing as though these intakes are becoming increasingly rare and hard to find im looking for alternatives. The engine is actually for a mk1 golf although i also own a corrado G60. I dont have a huge budget unfortunately. I have heard of people using audi s2 manifolds and modifying them, is this the only alternative? If i was to go down this route can i still use my bahn brenner fuel rail with it? Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edited by daniboy1_2_3

An S2 will need cutting down and an adapter plate welding on to fit the G60 throttle body, you also won't be able to use the 16v fuel rail either.

Another option is RPM Tuning in Germany's manifold, its like an S2 one but is a new casting, they also provide a fuel rail - beware there delivery times though, it took me 4 months when I last ordered from them and I had to threaten legal action (which saw an instant delivery within 3 days..)

I do have a double handed 16v manifold with a blanking plate (had an extra TB adapter welding on the other side) if you are interested, call it £100 posted.

I know john mitchell of JMR does the S2 manifold mofifications but my budget doesnt stretch that far at the moment and i was seeking out an alternative. When you say i couldnt use a 16V fuel rail with the S2 manifold do you mean i wont be able to use the fuel rail in my bahn brenner kit? Do you have a picture of the manifold you can send to [email protected] please.