Pat_McCrotch

Taking the C to South of France. Breakdown cover?

its free if you have insurance with footman james :)

once bought a two days from AA and paid around 40 quid, bit expensive but didn't like to risk flying threw germany

Adam (Big Adam on here) thankfully had this when he went to the ring recently. I can't remember who he used, but it seemed affordable. And he got his car back.

Which is nice.

Perhaps PM him. But report back as I'm in the market for this as well.

I was just checking the same for my trip to Germany later this month.. sadly a value add lacking from the Chris Knott insurance package it seems!

Green Flag look to be the cheapest.. set, daily rate regardless of the age of the car (from what I can see) - 5 days worked out around £60 compared to over £80 with the AA...

We got this free with Peter James insurance. Check AA or RAC through "Top Cashback" website.

Some years ago I worked for the RAC for one summer, bringing cars back from Europe......It costs thousands to do this, so the cover is cheap at the price.

Did this last year. For the two weeks they wanted about £150, so I opted for 2 days covers, the traveling down and up with AA. Think it cost me about £40. Thankfully I can't recommend their service but I'll be using them again.

Whatever the price it will be cheaper than breaking down in France.

I found RAC to be good, albeit I have not had to use them abroad.

I have however, years ago and not in the Corrado broken down in France,not a good experience.

As long as you have the Corrado reguarly serviced and generally well looked after - there is no reason for a breakdown in France rather then here.

I always get Vince to check over the car before any of my longer trips.

On the contrary I broke down in France (Reims) in a corrado years ago and had a recovery truck out to me in less than 10mins! I was surprised to say the least! I was with green flag and as far as I can remember the extra cover cost me something like £40, I was towed all the way back to Cardiff (600miles) so you can safely say I got my money's worth :D

someone on my local forum broke down in France or something and Flux arranged recovery of the car. Took a couple of weeks to repatriate and they had hot wired the car because they broke the key off in the ignition. needless to say he was not happy.