holeinmk1

Introducing Cyd, the 1992 2.0l 16v.

Following from here; http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?50643-Betty-Tom-s-1991-Diamond-silver-16v

After the death of Betty I decided I had better start looking for a replacement Car as I was getting sick of having no wheels!(well I have plenty of wheels, three sets in the garage actually, but I digress). I looked at all sorts of replacement cars including Golfs(mk1-3), Polos(mk2-4), Sciroccos(mk1 and 2) and of course Corrados! I eventually decided that I would really like another Corrado and after a few weeks searching I found 'Cyd' on Pistonheads. I travelled down to Amersham in Buckinghamshire today and picked Cyd up, and had a blast on the journey back.

The Corrado has been very well looked after by Nick the previous owner who has owned Cyd for the past 12 years and has practically rebuilt her in that time.

Anyway heres some pics;

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo18.jpg

photo14.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo24.jpg

The Corrado is fantastic to drive, really smooth through the gears and puts power down super smooth. It really is a joy to drive. My plans at the moment are to get the BBS refurbed and fitted, the present alloys are'nt really my taste so they will be going soon, a decent alarm system(i don't want a repeat of Betty earlier in the year)all red rears and enjoy her!

Tom:cheers:

Edited by holeinmk1

cheers, went over to tatton today and gave her a wash when i got back. hopefully be getting the bbs in the refurbers next week.

Tom

very cool mate. Same as mine J plate early interior late body satin silver :dance:

Yeah, its amazing the amount of little differences there are between the 2 models, still getting used to the bonnet 'bulge' though. looking forward to getting stuck in to this one and giving her a proper polish next weekend if i can, noticed a few imperfections when i washed her. alloys, dents/chips sorted(the paints far to good for a repaint) and new rear lights and she'll be alreet! (oh and and a new head unit) :smug:

Tom

Yeah it helps there in good condition. but silver and all red rears work so well together it would be criminal not to...:p