Redfox

Hi all, finally got a Corrado ;)

Hi all, I finally moved over from my A2 Golf, quite modded by me, to a Corrado G60 from 1991, only 103.000 Km's, full service from new etc.

Got some small things like sunroof, stonechips, and I want to make it over like I did to the Golf.

I just installed a set of Eibach antiroll bars, and that certainly stiffed it up, also with some Powerflex bushings.

Next is suspension, then wheels, exhaust and paint. Meanwhile I correct all I can find of small errors, like adead sidewindow knob, missing small parts here and there etc.

I also have some Eibach and other struttower stiffening I am going to install in it.

I polished the flash red paint for 12 hours and got the colour back. That will due untill next summer.

Need to install new waterbottle, and lot's of other new bits and bobs, and generally clean up all that I touch as I go over the car.

Now for some experiences with the car.

I measured the boost to be 0,3 bar. Then found a dead thin tube on the manifold, and went over the lot. Measured again is 0,7 bar. Then set in a valvein front of the inlet manifold to prevent false air coming in, and now I've got 0,8 bar on my stock standard motor.

The chip and smaller wheel will wait to another g-ladder later on, as I intend to build another motor, polishing some other conrods, forged pistons, polished cransk and lighten and balance it, together with a Schrick medium camshaft, banana manifold, and 2,5 inch tubes out from Hartmann, quickshift and so on.

Therefor I may ask a q once in a while, as I am doing it. Hope you will bear with me and my questions.

Driving impressions are good. Stays flat on the road, and to be honest I got a better impression of this car than a standard 944 2,5 from 1984. So I chose the Corrado instead.

Maybe I should make another thread somewhere else befor this get's too long, so I say cheers for now.

Redfox (from Denmark)

Thanks Bones. I am quite happy about it, and since I don't need a car at all, I can just leave it taken apart, if I don't finish something up in a days time (bicycling).

Cheers,

Redfox.

Thanks Paul,

Inspired by the A2 waterdrain (scuttlecover?), I did that today. Will make a new thread on my car and it's development, so it's for surea madhouse... ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Thanks Paul,

Inspired by the A2 waterdrain (scuttlecover?), I did that today. Will make a new thread on my car and it's development, so it's for surea madhouse... ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Er no worries! How did you know my name was Paul? Didn't realise it was on my profile, is it? :s

Hi Paul,

Well, it pretty much says so right on top of the pics of your Corrado ;)

Btw, is that 928 wheels?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Lol ive become so used to using taptalk I never go on the actual forum so no picture. They're D90's might be 928 wheels, I honestly wouldn't know. :(