Ralphead

I need some help with PAS oil. ASAP

The pas oil reservoir on my '90 16v has ATF - 0L stamped on it so I was quite happy to fill it with ATF but I stumbled upon the owners manual and it says to use G 002 000. The chap in my local factors says my car is from around the changeover date so he can't be sure which to recommend. Help, please, quick. They shut in an hour. Thank you

VW don't specify ATF for the Corrado. Its always been stated as G 002 000.

No distinction with 1989 - 1995.

G002 000 is a pale green fluid.

Otherwise it will be ATF Dexron.

Edited by RW1

Yep, the early 16v cars even have red ATF fluid reservoir caps even though a green version is available, all I can think is karmann simply used all the mk2 pas bits. Green hydraulic fluid is definitely the stuff for even these early cars though.

Thanks for the help. Sorry I've been so slack replying. I bought a bottle of G 002 000 compatible stuff figuring I could take it back on Monday if it wasn't right.

My pump went caput (two days after an afternoon of machining spacers to get the damn pulleys aligned) and the fluid was brown so I had nothing to go on.

The new (to me) pump is off a 2 litre and so is ever so slightly different so it's back to the lathe for another spacer.

I'll look in to the G 004 000. It's cheaper than what I bought..