Dazza Storm

The Vehicle Data Sticker?

I am trying to get hold of a replacement Vehicle Data Sticker for my car to no avail? When I purchased the car it was not there on the left of the rear cross panel in the luggage compartment in the boot. I wasn't at all tempted to walk away because I knew the car was genuine as I did about 2weeks research on the vehicle prior to purchasing it via VW head office and all the dealers it visited for services and work carried out on it. And checks for accident damage etc as I had it carefully inspected by a professional, so I knew it had not had a rear ender which can some times be a tell tail sign of having no sticker present.

I know from having previous vw cars that over time the sticker can lose it tack and can easily come off. So up a hoover it has probably gone?!

But what I find strange is that I don't seem to have this sticker present in the front of my service manual either? I know that the service manual is not a duplicate as it has all the revelant genuine first registration details in it along with original stamps for the original dealer which no longer exists.

If I had one in my serivce manual all it would need would be a scan job and then I could replace it in my boot or vice verser. But having neither this is proving to be difficult.

I have contact a few relevant(?) people @ VW who I have been passed on to but have all told me there is nothing they can do?! Annoying!!

Surly there are these details held on a computer system somewhere? You would think?

One told me it wouldn't be the first time that these Stickers have been forgotten to be added to vehicles/service books before they have gone out, and having a rather late registered Storm which were of course a limited edition 250 split run of cars apperently a mix of normal vr's run of approximatly the last 500 cars to be built, they were more of a demand and rush to get them out for sale to dealers so probably one that got forgotten? Although what I think is yes they missed it out of the service schedule and the sticker in the boot up the hoover it has gone?! I may nether know?

Sorry I know alot of ??????????????????????????????????

So in a last attempt is there anyone out there that can help me PLEASE??

The Sticker contains the following data:

1 - Production Control Number

2 - Vehicle Identification Number

3 - Model Code Number

4 - Model Explanation/Engine Output

5 - Engine and Gearbox Code Letters

6 - Paint Number/ Interior Trim Code

7 - Optional Extra Number

The vehicle data 2-7 is also given in the serivce schedule ( Which of course it is not)!!!

:scratch:

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Although I do Know most of the details held on the sticker I would still like it present where it should be! Very anal I know! Lol

Yup, you won't get the sticker out of a VW dealer as it a factory production control item. Not a orderable replacement part.

The service and the boot stickers do differ in what they contain if you are going to be that precise.

Have you checked it is a Storm? If not, PM me the last 6 digits (******) of the chassis number after 50zSK******. I will verify. Is it blue or green?

Edited by RW1

Yeah have already checked it's definatly a Storm, thanks!!!

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Although I would love to know the build date, don't ask me why because i'm not sure, curiousity I guess? Lol.

There is a service from german vw that it gives you all the imformation they have at the factory, it was especially design for older cars.... You do have to pay and there is a very long waiting period.... But.... Ive been looking for it every where and cant find it... Cant really remember the name for it.... Maybe someone knows what im talking about?

Have you checked it is a Storm? If not, PM me the last 6 digits (******) of the chassis number after 50zSK******. I will verify. Is it blue or green?

Cool - How are you able to confirm that? I thought the only fool proof way was to contact VW customer services?

Cheers floppyman for these details I may do this, but as I am aware you only get an A4 certificate for your 50 euros and not that elusive data sticker that i'm after although I think that it does list the M-codes?

Like RW1 says.... Its a factory controll item. Im not 100% shure but you will not be able to get those. That a4 paper the vw museum gives you is about all the info they have at factory