G60  CS

*****WANTED***** Lock Barrels

I can give you some empty lock barrels If you need them to re-tumble to fit your ignition key

How do you findout which numbers you need for the ignition key to match the door locks ? I currently have 1 key for the ignition, another for the drivers door and none for boot and passenger door

@Alex some empty barrels would be great do you have a full set ?

I'm fairly sure you can't re-tumble the ignition!

Your right mate, you can't re-tumble the ignition. You'd need to by a new one with a key.

What you would do G60 CS is re-tumble every other lock to match your ignition key. Then you would only need one key to fit all your locks! http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44487-How-to-make-1-key-open-all-4-locks-cheap!&highlight=key+fit+locks

try that page, gives you the how too... I can give you two old handles with EMPTY barrels... thing is, you should be able to use the barrels in your existing handles... What you need is some extra Tumblers. I've just to find a garage that has them "lying around" so your best bet might be to post in the wanted section on here.

I'm fairly sure you can't re-tumble the ignition!

Dont want to retumble the ignition just want to make the other locks operate with the same key, I just wasnt sure how you findout which tumblers match the ignition key so I can match it on the door and boot locks

How do you findout which numbers you need for the ignition key to match the door locks ?

When you dismantle the lock barrel you'll see how the tumblers fit in the barrel. I did it "by eye" just making sure all the tumblers where flush and then testing the lock before continuing.

When you dismantle the lock barrel you'll see how the tumblers fit in the barrel. I did it "by eye" just making sure all the tumblers where flush and then testing the lock before continuing.

Sounds like some fiddly fun ahead !! Have dug around and found a spare pair of door handles I can take the barrels out of, just need a boot lock barrel now

just need a boot lock barrel now

doesn't your boot already have a barrel in it?... you just need to get the existing one out, although without the key that may be tricky.

doesn't your boot already have a barrel in it?... you just need to get the existing one out, although without the key that may be tricky.

yeah it does but as you say I have no key that fits it so getting it out might be tricky and was hoping to build one up then just swap over didnt wanna screw mine up and then not be able to secure the car whilst i look for a barrel

the only way you could screw it up is if you lost the tumblers and didn't have replacement ones.

What ever you do you'll need that existing barrel out anyway... it's that or you'll need to replace the whole boot lock!

if you lived nearer to me ,i would have done it for you,

in a strange way,when i did mine (new ignition barrel) i found it very therapeutic

didnt take long,once you have sussed the code

in a strange way,when i did mine (new ignition barrel) i found it very therapeutic

how did you get the barrels out without a key mate? I'm struggling to think.... was ages since i did it on mine!

i had the keys for mine,but didnt want to carry two different keys ! i even did my glove box.

to answer your question, i really cant see how to get them out without a key, unless you have a very worn one that may wiggle in enough to get the barrels out !

cheers for the offer ! Am probably worrying more than I need to, just dont wanna end up in a situation where I havnt managed to do it and cant secure the car

cheers for the offer ! Am probably worrying more than I need to, just dont wanna end up in a situation where I havnt managed to do it and cant secure the car

as above, your difficult bit is going to be removing the existing barrel from the handle/boot lock... once you've done that you can take your time over changing the tumblers