G60_edge

Pedal box + DBW

Evening all,

Any advice for removing the pedal box. Had a go on Sunday and looks like a nightmare.

Seems you have to take the steering column out?? Which you have to drill out the shear bolts for?? I assume you can buy replacements?

This is all to mount a DBW pedal for my 20vT conversion. So I then wondered about floor mounted DBW. Think there are a few people on here with them, although for 3.2 conversion. So not sure if that pedal will work with a 20vT, I'll have to look into that.

Any install info for floor mounted pedal?

Thanks

Al

Al ive taken the pedal box off without taking steering column off,it is a massive b&ll ache.But it will come out with a bit of wriggling

Im going DBW and pedalbox off my older g60 raddo came in handy as well as the G1 and G2 connectors

Heres pics

Cheers for the info. I really can't see how you managed to get the pedal box around the steering column. Will have another look at the weekend. I've bought some replacement sheer bolts just in case!

Have you fitted the clutch pedal switch?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

just wondered, is you pedal box LH drive?

Its much easier to remove the pedal box once the column has been removed, though it is tricky. I have a spare set of shear bolts you can have if required, just make a donation to the forum.

Its much easier to remove the pedal box once the column has been removed, though it is tricky. I have a spare set of shear bolts you can have if required, just make a donation to the forum.

Cheers for that. So is it just a case of drilling the sheer bolts out then.

Thanks for the offer but I've already got some on order from VW as I anticipated having to do it.

yes - try using an hammer and a shrp chisel to get them to turn. Thats how we took them off.

Cheers for the info. I really can't see how you managed to get the pedal box around the steering column. Will have another look at the weekend. I've bought some replacement sheer bolts just in case!

Have you fitted the clutch pedal switch?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

just wondered, is you pedal box LH drive?

yeah mines LHD so it think it might be a bit different,like the servo+master cylinder are over the gearbox rather than up-against the cambelt cover which on RHD is a bit of a b&ll ache so ive heard

Im going to fit the brake switch as my ecu will flag a fault if it doesnt see the switch but i dont need the clutch one.My APX isnt fitted with cruise control,made me feel sad yesterday when i found out,was hoping to use it

wont the dbw pedal mounted on the pedal box foul the fuseboard?

I think it may be close. Will be having a better look today.

Have you got a floor mounted DBW pedal fitted? I'm trying to find out if one will work with 20vT.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

a up feller, if do have to take the steering column off irwin bolt removers take the strip bolts out a piece of **** or did on mine

ye mine is floor mounted, no idea if its compatible with other setups

Can you give us some info on what it takes to fit the floor mount pedal.

Bolt to the floor?

Do you cut the carpet away?

I'll give Vince a ring and ask if it will work with the ECU as he's doing the mapping.

Cheers

Also, what's it like position like. Are you happy with it compared to the standard pedal?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Edited by G60_edge

I havent mounted mine properly but its secure for now. I bolted the rear into the original acc' pedal bumop stop, i think i use a bracket too.

I did cut the carpet at the hinge end of the pedal but this wasnt essential, the pedal itself could have been trimmed to allow to sit flush but I wanted to use the r32 bracket that alllows the pedal to clip in/out easily.

You trying to fit as OEM as possible or just get it and just get it working?

Position wise, Im really happy, I'd say its better to have floor mounted versions, only issue is getting a floor mat that fits lol

Cheers for the info.

I'm just after a neat and simple install.

The problem with the bulkhead mounted pedal I have is that it's close the fuse box so may limit the mounting options. Considering you have to weld and bracket to the pedal box when it's out of the car, trying to position it correctly to miss the fuse box and get a nice position is a bit more difficult. Not a huge problem but just thinking floor mounted could be a nicer solution but I haven't found anyone that's done it for a 20vT so they may not be compatible with the ECU's. Will phone Vince tomorrow to see if he knows.

Long shot, anyone got a spare floor mounted DBW pedal I could try?

Thanks